Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

How long did you breast feed for?

Just curious how long everyone who breast fed did it for. I have a 3 and half yr old and a 2 week old and am finding it very hard to breast feed my son. I feel like i am never able to play with my daughter anymore because he is constantly wanting to eat and when hes not eating hes fussy. I feel guilty if im not able to do it as long as i did with my daughter.

Re: How long did you breast feed for?

• Options

Do what works for your family, but remember the constant nursing doesn't last forever.  Right now you two are building up your milk supply!  The beginning is difficult, especially with two kids.  We've watched a lot of Super Why lat

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I didn't BF my first born, and really wanted to get it down this time around. Those first 8 weeks were tough, because like you said, I never found time to play with DD1. But now that we have figured each other out, and DD2 is eating more on a schedule, I
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    image  image
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageAmyG*:

Even if you were formula feeding, taking care of a 2 week old and a toddler is going to be mighty difficult.

An

Derek - February 2013        Caelyn April 2011
    imageimage

• Options

I BF DD for less than a week before I started EP because of supply and weight gain issues- I supplemented with formula until my supply dried up around 6 weeks. 

With this LO, we realized I have an issue with the let-down so I would nurse for

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    DS 1 for 9 months...I'd like to ebf DS 2 for at least 6 months when I return to work. Then I'll probably nurse at wake up and bedtime and do formula (pumping at work would be impossible)

My little man at 0-1-2
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Follow Me on Pinterest Pin me baby!
    BabyFruit Ticker http://mamasaywhat.com/

• Options
    I agree w pp plus I learned how to nurse while baby wearing which helped a ton..  Plus I'm fortunate that dd wasnt as big of a nursing "addict" as ds.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I bf'd DS for 4 months, went back to work and just didn't have luck pumping with my work schedule and my supply sucked anyway at that point (even after being put on reglan to boost it).  This time I don't go back to work until she's closer to 6 mo

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    While we were in the hospital and now I just pump once a day.

I quit for exactly the same reasons.. It was impossible for me to take care of my older son. I don't have the 40 minutes it takes to sit down and nurse and it is MUCH easier now.

• Options
    imagedoremi29:

I bf'd DS for 4 months, went back to work and just didn't have luck pumping with my work schedule and my supply suck

My little man at 0-1-2
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Follow Me on Pinterest Pin me baby!
    BabyFruit Ticker http://mamasaywhat.com/

• Options

I only have one baby, but I BF'ed for four weeks, then pumped for two, then went to FF. I was not happy BF'ing or pumping, and it really interfered with being able to enjoy my son. Everyone is happier now. You have to do what works for you and your fam

• Options
    I felt the same way.  I have just recently stopped EBF.  I FF through the day and BF at night.  That seems to be the best thing for us.  It did get easier and easier.  It seemed like after 4 weeks it got easier then after 8 weeks
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker photo 198298_4113504195106_1134927813_n.jpg photo 71888_10200313406736972_872717456_n.jpg
  • Options

I made it to 18 months with DS and plan on making it just as long with DD. The actual act of doing it was harder the first time but this time it's harder to find the time, I just make sure I make the time to make it work.  I am often sitting on th

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"