October 2013 Moms
Options

Those on Synthroid/Levothyroxine

Have you had to adjust your dose since you have been pregnant?  I have not had a blood test for this since I have been pregnant and it is making me nervous that things might have changed.  Going to schedule an appt. with my regular Dr. for this tomorrow morning.  12 weeks just seemed to sneak up really fast! 
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
photo fallinginlove_zps8333e154.jpgimageimage

Re: Those on Synthroid/Levothyroxine

• Options

I was under the care of an ednocrinologist with my first pregnancy. They did blood draws every month and adjusted my meds a few times. But I had also just been diagnosed 3 months earlier when I got pregnant so the dr hadn't found my correct dosage yet.

Eleanor 1/8/10 Harriet 1/19/12 Margaret 10/31/2013
  • Options
    This is my second pregnancy on synyhroid. I was diagnosed in college and never had my dose changed. I was tested once at my initial appointment and once in my third trimester.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks, that does make me feel a lot better.  I am going to a midwife service now, I will ask about it at my upcoming appointment on Thursday then. 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    photo fallinginlove_zps8333e154.jpgimageimage
  • Options
    I am on it and have had my dosage changed twice. Once at five weeks and once at ten weeks. I go back to my endocrinologist in four weeks to have it checked again. However, some people still have their thyroid and that probably makes a difference. I had mi
  • Options

This time around, my levels were checked right before I got pregnant, so my doctor has held off.  I haven't noticed anything significant having to do with my thyroid since getting pregnant.  We will check my levels at my next appointment in t

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I'm on armour thyroid and also got my levels checked early, at 6 weeks and will get them checked again around 16 weeks but did not have my dosage adjusted after that first check.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I was diagnosed and started on thyroid meds at the start of my pregnancy. Just had my blood rechecked at 12 weeks have not heard back so thinking my levels were ok. The first time my ths level was 52 and I literally heard back the next day.
  • Options
    My last pregnancy they told me to take an extra pill twice a week, so 9 total pills weekly, when I went in for my first appointment at 8 weeks. This time I happened to have bloodwork done with my endocrinologist during my 2 week wait and my dose was adjus
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

"For this child I prayed, and the Lord has granted me what I asked of Him." x 2

• Options
    I've gone to my endocrinologist to have my blood tested a few times. She immediately upped my dose before she even saw me when I told her I was pregnant. Then after my blood work she upped it again. Now I'm at my right level it seems even tho she's teste
  • Options
    W DD, my levels were tested monthly, and I had monthly appts. They made four adjustments with my synthroid, as studies show preggo women may need about a 60 increase in synthroid during pregnancy. Plan is the same w this LO
  • Options
    I've been on levothyroxine for over 10 years.  During my first pregnancy it was adjusted slightly towards the end of my pregnancy.  This time no change so far.  I was tested at 6 weeks and I believe I got back in a couple weeks.
    Pregnancy Ticker

imageimage
  • Options
    My endo knew I was TTC and told me to call as soon as a I had a HPT+. I had a blood draw and med change at 4.5 weeks, another at 8 and I go back at about 12.5 weeks. My levels have been changing quite a bit though...as soon as they seem stable my visits w

Caitlin 4.17.11     Madeline 10.20.13

• Options
    Yes, my dose had to be increased at 8 weeks. I'm not sure if it was a pregnancy related need though. My thyroid has always been real finickey. I don't think I've ever taken the same dose for more than 3 months in the 11yrs I've been taking it. But my doct
  • Options

I got diagnosed with mild hypothyroidism when we first went to my RE after 3 MC?s.<SPAN style="mso

My Ovulation Chart

TTC #1 since June 2009: irregular cycles
    BFP 1/20/10, EDD 9/28/10, born 10/5/10

TTC #2 since Nov 2011:
    BFP 2/8/12, MC @ 5 weeks; BFP 3/22/12, MC @ 5 1/2 weeks; BFP 9/10/12, MC @ 6 weeks

Started seeing RE Nov 2012. Chromosomal test and all other tests came back "normal". Unexplained MCs. Found mild hytpothyroidism. Two unmedicated cycles, both BFNs. First medicated cycle (clomid, ovidrel) 1/23/13. Low progesterone found during 9DPO P4 test = 7.6. Put on prometrium supplements.

BFP 2/16/13; 2/18/13 (13 dpo): Beta #1=52.8, progesterone=18.7; estrogen = 412; Dr. increased progesterone dosage.
    2/21/13 (16 dpo): Beta #2 = 269; progesterone = 32.4
    2/25/13 (20 dpo): Beta #3 = 1,236
    2/28/13 (23 dpo): Beta #4 = ?? tbd
  • Options
    I've been on levothyroxine since my total thyroidectomy in 2003 after thyroid cancer.Called Endo as soon as I got a positive HPT. She increased my dosage basically by 1 extra pill a week.. then sent me for blood test. I just went in today for another bloo
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"