3rd Trimester

So I tell my OB "that hurts" and she pushes harder, why?

It really makes me mad because some doctors actually care and try to be gentle... and move the heartbeat monitor somewhere else (since they can STILL hear it perfectly fine in another spot on my belly). 

So why do some other doctors just not give a flying squirrell and push harder? Next time it happens, I think Im going to ask them.. "I tell you it hurts and you continue to push there, what the hell!" 

I just dont get it. It hurt REALLY bad last time...would if it was the babys head or something and her you know what just keeps pushing harder! Its funny because its always the doctors with the cold personalities who do this.  Its like if youre not a baby person or even have a friendly personality at the least, why are you in this field? Its bad enough we have to come there 110% vulnerable. At least show a little compassion!

Are some docs just being jerks? They could at least TRY another spot like the others! Theyre friendly and exited about baby and show that they HEAR me when I say OUUUUCHHHH that REALLLLLY hurts! 

Sorry for the rant, any one else experience this? :( 

Re: So I tell my OB "that hurts" and she pushes harder, why?

• some poeple are just rude and go through the motions of their job instead of putting the extra effort to be compassionate. i dare you to ask her next time hahahaha itl give her a reality check
    Amarie
  • imageBliss+Berry:
    imagenmpg15235:</s
  • Loading the player...
  • imageBliss+Berry:
    imageKateRN08:
  • I haven't experienced this, but I don't think you are being a drama queen, as others have suggested. If your OB doesn't jive with you, you should dump her. If she doesn't make you comfortable during appointments, your delivery will be even more uncomforta
    Anniversary
  • imagekryshy123:
    imageBliss+Berry
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Really ladies? You formulate these opinions after I tell you I DONT speak up? Because the funny thing is I NEVER EVER speak up or complain to them about ANYTHING. My point is maybe I SHOULD. I also should have known better than to ask women on here who ju
  • imageBliss+Berry:
    imagenmpg15235:</s
  • imagenmpg15235:
    Really ladies? You formulate these opinions after I tell you I DONT speak up? Because the funny thing is I NEVER EV
  • Dump the doctor. Suck it up?? Ummm no, your paying for the services. There are some pains you will have to deal with just bc it happens and they can't do anything about it, but if they can prevent pain then they should. Doctors are healers not pain givers
  • Well doctors do try and go through the motions quickly, especially if they are requested a lot. I wouldn't take it personal and say it is them intentionally being a jerk... just they are trying to "wham bam thank you ma'am" so everyone can get what the

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagenmpg15235:
    Really ladies? You formulate these opinions after I tell you I DONT speak up? Because the funny thing is I NEVER EV
    Formerly known as elmoali :)

• imagenmpg15235:
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • imagenmpg15235:

• Does anyone else think its weird that the Doppler would hurt in any position? My ob barely even presses down. Unless I have just been lucky with my experience. you might want to find yourself a gentler OB.
  • I was thinking the same thing. I have never felt any discomfort due to the doppler.
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I don't have issues with a Doppler pressing into my belly to the point of pain. Truthfully, the way this post is written and the response of the OP lends me to vote towards a drama queen who is over reacting.

I'm really confused because at f

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• imagecourtnif:
    imageBliss+Berry:
    CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers
    1/1 Spotting, 1/3 beta 36,000, 1/5 u/s empty sac measuring 7w (9w5d), 1/6 d&c
    You will always be loved & missed our sweet angel.
  • I know in early pregnancy my doctor would push down pretty hard to find her, and it wasn't very comfortable, but as time went on it is so easy to hear her, and she's always in the same spot every time, loud and clear.
  • No one is pointing out the obvious and that is that if you can't handle the "pain" of the monitor, you are really going to lose your sh!? during labor. If I were the doctor I wouldn't try to hurt you but I would think you were being a huge baby. No pun in
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • This whole post is confusing. You don't say anything, you do say something, its one doctor, its multiple doctors... I think I understand why no one listens to you or takes you seriously.

I would say that occassionally the doppler can get into a

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagejane.says:
    No one is pointing out the obvious and that is that if you can't handle the "pain" of the monitor, you are really g
    DD1 4.14.10
    DD2 8.22.13
    MMC 1.4.17 at 16w
    Expecting #3, EDD 1.29.18

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Honestly, doctors know best and are trying to do their jobs. I understand that it can be uncomfortable when the wand of an ultrasound or doppler is jabbed into your stomach, but that pain is nothing compared to what's coming. I agree that sometimes it see
    Amanda

Nov siggy challenge: animals eating Thanksgiving food

BabyFruit Ticker
    Rhys - born 04.17.2013
    Harry - born 04.18.2016
  • She probably just thinks you're annoying and doesn't like you.
  • imageKateRN08:
    imageBliss+Berry:
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagenmpg15235:

It really makes me mad because some doctors actually care and try to be gentle... and move the heartbeat monitor

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickersPitaPata Cat tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"