Babies: 9 - 12 Months
Options

Penile adhesion

If you had DS circumsised, did the Doctor, Nurse, Peditrician, etc inform you about penile adhesion?  No one ever mentioned this to me and I was curious about how common it is for Drs. to not inform you. I read you're suppose to put vaseline on after every diaper change while they're in diapers so this doesn't occur. 

Re: Penile adhesion

• Options
    Nope, none of our doctors told me about it. We used Vaseline for the first week or two like they told us, but after it wasn't red and shiny anymore, they said we could stop using it.

• Options

imageunaveragejane:
    Nope, none of our doctors told me about it. We used Vaseline for the first week or two like they told us, but a
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I read about it in Baby 411 and talked to our ped about it.
  • Options

imagefreezorburn:
    I read about it in Baby 411 and talked to our ped about it.

Just curious, what did your

• Options
    My son just had to have all of his adhesions broken at his 12 month appointment. It was heartbreaking. The doctor didn't say anything about this at his 9 month appointment even though he thoroughly checked him out. We ended up having to go to a urologist
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    My DS is 11 1/2 months old.  I questioned his ped at his 6 and 9 month appointments about his circumcision because it looks like it hasn't slightly reattached to me and everytime they would say it's okay. I have been pulling it back because he has a
  • Options
    image~Lily~:

imagefreezorburn
  • Options
    My son has this and there is a possibility he will need to be re-circumcised.  Nobody told us to keep doing the Vaseline daily until after it was adhered.  The doctor pulled it apart once at his appointment, which was horrible to see,
  • Options

imagethatgirlnicki:
    My son has this and there is a possibility he will need to be re-circumcised.  Nobody told us to keep doin
  • Options
    imagepamis626:

imagethatgirln
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    imageeyenigh:
    imagepamis626:</st
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"