August 2011 Moms
Options

little white lies...

I'm not alone, right? Other people...um...fudge the truth to their LOs?

Technically, I didn't lie to DS, but I certainly didn't correct him when he thought that the chicken I made for dinner was bread. More bread, DS? Sure! I'll give you more "bread."

Anyone else?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: little white lies...

• Options
    I do this all the time with food and the kids. haha, I let them think what they want to think. What's the point of correcting them when it could prevent them from eating healthy?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I haven't had to yet but I will I am sure. We used to tell my cousin that potatos were parsnips. I don't know why hut she wouldn't eat potatos bit would eat "parsnips". My brother hated any animal but he loved meat. So we all got chicken or beef and he j
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Guilty.

Anything that has a pink tinge to it is "ketchup-". For instance, if I mix carrots in my mashed potatoes, I tell the girls they're ketchup potatoes.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersimage
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    Farewell, nesticle, you will be missed
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

LOL, yes. 

Another one not food-related - "Mommy's just running upstairs for a minute, I'll be right back."  And then I go to the bathroom, get a shower, get dressed, and hope that she gets distracted while she's playing with DH.
    <

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    Little white lies are a must when parenting. It's for their own good, really.
  • Options
    Um, ALL the time, especially to my DD about food. The phrase, "It will make your hair grow longer" will get her to try any food. I've also told her that ribs were dinosaur bones. Many new foods come with special names, like Princess Chicken. Would she rea
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imageshanado:
    Little white lies are a must when parenting. It's for their own good, really.

Definitely&nbs

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersimage
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    Farewell, nesticle, you will be missed
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Guilty. 

Sorry Beats (The Fresh Beat Band) are sleeping, maybe we can watch more later?

The mouse ate all the string cheese, we will have to get more later. (When she has already had 1-2 for the day. 

I could go on..
    image image
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"