December 2010 Moms
Options

Egg hunt complication

We decided to do our egg hunt after nap, since we had such a busy morning with church, brunch before church, etc. Now that LO is taking a longer nap than usual, I'm starting to doubt the plan.

I just looked in the back yard, and a squirrel has started finding and trying to open the eggs! Ack! I tried to chase him off, but the crafty critter ran up the tree with egg in his little paws. 

Re: Egg hunt complication

• Options
    LOL oh no!!  The squirrel seriously took off with an egg??  Aww darn it!  Maybe you need to move the hunt indoors?
  • Options
    Omg, this definitely gave me a laugh but hope you can get your hunt in!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Yes - it was pretty funny!

Who knew a squirrel could break plastic?!? The squirrel got away with the contents of three eggs, and a fourth had scratches & bite marks on the outside!  I'm glad I spread them a

• Options
    Wow! Squirrels are crazy! We live in the desert so no squirrels... We had a bit of time with the eggs hanging in the backyard waiting for J's nap to be done this morning and even tht little time their coins in the eggs were pretty warm. Made me glad we ha
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Too funny! Squirrels are crafty little critters when thu want to be. They used to hang out in the garbage cans outside at my college and eat what everyone dropped in.
  • Options
    kj07kj07 member

I was about to type "I can't believe squirrels got into your plastic eggs," but then I realized that I'm not too surprised.  They can be determined little things.

I saw you thought about using real eggs - I'd advise against that too.  W

photo 8653f130-7264-42f4-8d67-9a73d64cacce_zps8c973e49.jpg

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP #1 4/14/10. Big B born 12/28/10.

BFP #2 5/27/12. EDD 2/1/13. m/c and D&C 6/21/12.
  • Options

lol! I hate squirrels! They are nasty thieves! Our squirrels stole DS's entire baby pumpkin off our steps at Halloween & they stole the stuffing out of our patio chairs last summer!

The squirrels at my sister's house were spotted eating a cho

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"