May 2012 Moms

Stairs

How are your LO's doing with stairs?  

We have a lot of stairs in our house so it's important to us for the kids to know how to go up and down safely (even though we do have gates).  K has no problem going up but she keeps trying to turn around forward to go down.  I can't remember when DS finally understood going down but I was thinking it was before 11 months.  Hopefully she gets it in the next month or so, especially b/c I think she's going to be a climber...  They said she already tries to climb on to the play table at DC! 

image   image

Re: Stairs

• DD goes up the stairs like a champ... but down is another story!   All she wants to do is climb!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • LO just learned to go up the stairs today so he is nowhere near being able to go down them.
  • Loading the player...
  • Haven't even tried yet honestly. Nathan never went backwards down we did the butt scoot down around 12 months but I was pregnant with Lucas so it was needed this time not needed so havent done anything about it yet.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Untitled
  • ebl2ebl2 member
    DD goes up the stairs like a pro. She has yet to try to go down them. I want her to learn the sit and scoot way to go down. I'm trying to teach her how to safely get off the couch or the bed but she's still learning.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers 

image   image

• we have a single step in my parents living room, she goes up it very well, but down she does awkwardly... but I am working on it with her to do the butt scoot one.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"