September 2013 Moms
Options

A lot of sex reveal posts...

Why do I feel like there are a slew of people finding out the sex of their baby before 18-20 weeks?

I still have another month to go....*sigh*

Those of you who did elective u/s, what was your reason? I'm assuming you'll have an anatomy scan closer to 20 weeks to make sure your baby is healthy, correct?

imageimageimage

Re: A lot of sex reveal posts...

• Options
    I found out during an appt regarding a UTI - but my doc does quick scans at every appt unless I'm just stopping in to get blood drawn. I didn't even know they could tell gender before 16 weeks via u/s!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I'm doing an elective so both sets of our parents can be with us when we find out. were going to get DVDs for our grandmas of the u/s for mothers day
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I haven't found out either and won't until April 23rd... seeing all these posts make the wait seem so much longer!!! Lol
    Melissa (30) & Chris (30)
    BFP Oct 16, 2012 M/C Nov 10, 2012
    BFP Dec 31, 2012 EDD Sept 12, 2013

Brody was born on September 23, 2013 at 6.33am weighing 8lb 14oz.  
    Hes our angel... :)

• Options
    I will find out in Thursday, but its not an elective u/s. I am considered high risk so I will get more ultrasounds than a normal pregnancy would have.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage
  • Options
    Not elective, but I had my first high risk cervical check u/s at 17 weeks.  The tech was just cool/nice enough to take a peek at baby and we found out yesterday through a little reveal our neighbor helped me with (just waiting on pics to announce).&n

imageimage
    2 years, 2 surgeries, 2 clomid fails, 2 IUIs, 1 loss, IVF #1 - 10/25/10 = BFP!, DS is now 3.5yrs!
    TTC #2 - 6/12 surgery #3, FET #1 & 1.2 = BFN, 12/2012 FET #2 = BFP! DD is 1.5 yrs!
    Surprise! 12/16/14 BFP, loss #2 12/31/14

I can't wait for the "im getting a divorce" post in 5 years or so because your husbands were fed up with your disgusting chair asses from playing on the knot all day and getting fired 4-5 times for not doing any work. you guys are all winners!! ~ Laur929

• Options
    I'm not finding out until April 22nd. We wanted to use our money for soccer lessons for Lucas instead of being impatient.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
    Photobucket
  • Options
    If it makes you feel any better we didn't want to find out but the u/s tech blurted it out to us that we were having a girl :((
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    I did the elective yesterday at 17 weeks, not ony because I wanted to know the sex, and have not yet scheduled my a/s, but also because I wanted my family and DH's family to be there when we found out. I'm one of 5 kids and all my siblings came and my par
  • Options
    We don't find out till the end of April during our A/S and I'll be 20 weeks 6 days. 

• Options
    I have my A/S on the 12th and I'll be 18 1/2 weeks. I just don't understand elective us, especially so early. Just be patient for goodness sakes.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP #1 5/17/12 EDD 1/26/13 no hb @ 8w6d natural mc 11w6d 7/13/12 
             BFP #2 1/1/13 EDD 9/11/13 Isabelle Diane born on 9/17/13 7lbs 1oz 20in.
    BFP #3 4/3/2014 EDD 12/10/14 William David born on 12/8/14 7 lbs 10 oz 20in.
  • Options
    imagePrettyInPearls23:
    Why do I feel like there are a slew of people finding out the sex of their baby before 1820 weeks? I still have a
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imageauroraloo:
    I haven't even scheduled my AS yet.

Neither have I.  We will schedule it at our

Lots of love to my BFPB, Squishy622 <3

photo 544b4365-b9ee-4805-ba08-f19896d25dae_zpsd8a0debb.jpgphoto ed61c23b-2bf9-4622-b870-072ac0970775_zpsa90b2a73.jpg

• Options
    We're doing an elective u/s a week from Monday and can't wait! We got a really good deal on groupon of all places, and its to a reputable place that my friends have used in the past. Although i get a ton of scans anyway due to twins and some other issues
    BabyFruit Ticker image
  • Options
    We only get the one a/s ultrasound during our pregnancy at 20 weeks and we wanted our family to be there to find out what their first grandchild would be so we did an elective ultrasound. It was one of the best days of my life and I'm really glad we did i
    DH and I are both 25
    Married 8/18/12
    Baby Jack's EDD is 9/18/13
    photo 229108e9-b31e-41b9-80f6-d27bce908989_zpsa243562b.jpg

• Options
    We had out elective ultrasound at 15 weeks to find out sex so we can announce when whole family is together for Easter today....Plus i love seeing my baby and hearing heart beat so that was Reason enough for me. Our anatomy scan is May 1.
    DH: 34 | Me: 35
    DS1 9/24/13
    DX Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Factor V Leiden Mutation, Secondary Infertility
    MFI (SA #1
    Count 11mill, Motility: 18%, Morphology: 1%)
    MFI (SA #2Count 7 mill, Motility: 18%, Morphology: 1%)
    AMH .328 
    | FSH 13.2 
    Oct. 2016: Clomid + TI
    IVF: ER 3/1/17; 5 retrieved, 3 mature & fertilized
    Results: 2 PGS normal embryos
    Planned on August 2017 transfer
    **TW**
    Natural BFP 4/3/17,Expecting baby boy via RCS 12/7/17

• Options
    We had an elective ultrasound mostly because it's our first pregnancy and we are just really excited!  Also, we know someone who did it, and told us it was well worth the money.  I agree- we got to have a 25 minute ultrasound, and we got a bunch
  • Options
    I'm 36 this is my 1st pregnancy so my ob suggested an Amnio 1820w or a CVS 1012w. We opted for the CVS at 13w when they gave us the results of no chromosomal abnormalities we had the option to learn the gender too. I'm a planner so I enjoy having the ex
  • Options
    We found out at 13w through the Harmony test, otherwise we would have waited for the a/s at 20w.
    **Baby #3 is on the way!**
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I thought many were finding out from the blood tests they need. I don't find out until my a/s on 4/30! A month to go!
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    I'm having the same impatience... My last ultrasound was at 6 weeks and I'm 16 weeks now. I'm also high risk so I don't understand why they aren't giving me more ultrasounds... Guess for some of us it's just a waiting game!
  • Options
    An elective for us would be $250 so we will wait. We don't find out until 20 weeks 6 days, so not unitl May 9th!!!  5 1/2 weeks, but I can't wait and am so excited to see our growing baby!
  • Options
    I had an elective at a private place for $150 just because I am super impatient, I'll admit it. At that ultrasound she measured everything pretty much like the a/s will do and she sends it over to my doctor. But then I will have another a/s at the actual

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

photo f67a54b1-ddce-4538-bf7e-65a79c0165f1_zps84df8eb7.jpg
  • Options
    Not I. I have my a/s at 18 weeks so I will also be finding out in a month!
  • Options

imagesunshine2929:
    I haven't found out either and won't until April 23rd... seeing all these posts make the wait seem so much longe
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    My as is May 8. I will be 20w4d. This pregnancy is going by so fast, that it will be here before I know it. I wouldn't ever pay to find out sooner. Also, I am a FTM. I just pray for a healthy baby, no matter if it is a boy or girl. 5 weeks till we find ou
    Married: June 25, 2011
    DS #1: Born September 29, 2013
    Baby #2: Due June 3, 2016

DST T4L

• Options

I won't find out till May 2nd. Im due the 28 so at the wayyyyy end of the month.

• Options
    imagestaceymack:
    I thought many were finding out from the blood tests they need. I don't find out until my a/s on 4/30! A month to go!</

Jamie

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    I agree there has been a bunch! So happy for all of ya guys. I find out on the 8th and were beyond excited!! :]
  • Options
    I'm waiting too and mine isn't until May 4 so I have more than a month. Boo! But I can wait. DD keeps me busy enough and I'm planning her bday party too. So sadly LO #2 is taking a backseat (ha literally I guess) until I know what he/she is. Then I can st

• Options
    I'm having an elective one only because I know someone with her own ultrasound business and she is willing to do it for free but I will probably pay her something!!! I still have another two weeks before in 16 weeks!!!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I don't live in the US. As long as you're not going to a government doctor it's the norm here to have an u/s at every visit. It's not something I had to go out of my way to have done. I would have had to have gone out of my way to opt out.
  • Options
    I noticed several of those who had necessary testing done early on, and lately the influx of those doing the elective u/s. I won't find out til our a/s on the 22nd. More than anything I am just wanting to make sure the baby is doing well (I have a severel

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    For us we were at our genetic testing appt and the doctor was able to tell us. I think more people find out earlier now due to the genetic testing. We're not 100% yet, only because it's early so we aren't getting excited until our Harmony tests come back
  • Options
    We had an elective ultrasound done Friday. My H will miss the 20 week a/s. We went to a local place that is also a spa. I now know the sex of the baby and have spa credits to use!
  • Options
    I find out april 8th with the 18w regular scheduled one and I totally can't wait...envy the team green girls...im just to much of a planner...
  • Options
    No elective for me. Being high risk to begin with and then being pregnant with twins I get an ultrasound every 2 weeks roughly.
  • Options
    BAH i feel the same way! Everyone else is already finding out the sex and I still have a month to go before I find out! SHENANIGANS!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

imageauroraloo:
    I haven't even scheduled my AS yet.

Me neither. I go to the doc next week and I'll sc

Married 12/8/07 | Sleeve Gastrectomy 10/19/09
    BFP#1 DD born 3/9/11 | BFP#4 DD born 9/20/13
    BFP#2 6/21/12, M/C at 5w2d | BFP#3 11/27/12, M/C at 6w6d
  • Options
    Looks like I might be finding out sooner than expected. I found out today at my 16 week appointment that because of a LEEP I had years ago, my OB will be doing a cervical u/s every 2 weeks from now until 22 weeks.  We couldn't tell the sex today (ba
    Lots of love to my BFPB, Squishy622 <3

photo 544b4365-b9ee-4805-ba08-f19896d25dae_zpsd8a0debb.jpgphoto ed61c23b-2bf9-4622-b870-072ac0970775_zpsa90b2a73.jpg

• Options
    My next appointment with my OB is in 2 week and I'll only be 16 weeks at that point.  I'm guessing we'll schedule the a/s at that point.  So maybe by mid-May we'll know.  But the tech said at our last appointment her guess was a girl, but w

image image
    LO then (2 days) and now (1 year)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"