February 2012 Moms

Benadryl? urgent please

DS has spring allergies. I've had spring allergies for several weeks now. He is experiencing it today. Runny nose and sneezing.
He won't sleep.
At all. Just crying because his nose is so
Full of crap.
Is benadryl safe?
12.5 mg per 5 ml?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Benadryl? urgent please

• Poor little guy!  Sorry to hear he's having such a hard time.  I totally feel your pain!  However, with that said cough/cold/allergy meds generally aren't recommended for kids under 2 (lack of efficacy/risk of adverse effects).  I d

• I would give the baby one and check with pedi Monday.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers BFP # 1 - June 2nd, 2011 - EDD Feb 5, 2012 Birthday Feb 10, 2012 BFP # 2 - Jan 19, 2012 - EDD Sept 24, 2013 - CP Jan 24, 2012
  • Loading the player...
  • My pedi gave me a dosing sheet for 3 different otc meds. Childrens Benadryl Syrup 12.5 mg/ 5ml give 3/4 tsp. however, once baby reaches 2024 lbs it says 1 tsp. But I've never given dd more than 3/4 even though she meets the criteria now, I would check w
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageSapphireDreamRock:
    My pedi gave me a dosing sheet for 3 different otc meds. Childrens Benadryl Syrup 12.5 mg/ 5ml give 3/4 tsp. ho
  • I know I'm a little late to the conversation but we've had to give daisy liquid Zyrtec For allergies. Her ped actually gave us a script for it but you can buy it over the counter. Her ped said I can give it to her in 2.5 ml once a day or two 2.0 ml every
  • jk382jk382 member
    My pediatrician has a dosing chart on their website.  Google "Advanced Pediatrics Vienna, Virginia."  There will be a link for medication dosing and Benadryl is one of the ones that they give advice on.  Just be careful, it can sometimes ha
  • Thanks everyone!!
  • imageDaizyMay22:
    I know I'm a little late to the conversation but we've had to give daisy liquid Zyrtec For allergies. Her ped actually

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"