October 2013 Moms
Options

MIL WTF???

So today we hosted Easter brunch for my husband's side of the family.  I made a fabulous ham and scalloped potatoes.  All is going well.  My husband and I make a speech welcoming everyone to our home (we recently bought a condo).  My husband then says we are expecting a baby in October.  Big cheers!  Then my MIL steps in front of us and says "What they should have said is I'll be a grandmother." Was just kind of annoyed since this was also on video to send out to our out of state relatives who could not join us.

So anyways, I am working on getting over it and have almost succeeded until she is helping me clean up after everyone leaves.  As I am going about the kitchen she says "so how much weight have you gained since you got pregnant?"  I simply had not words for her.  I mean WHO asks that??  Just when I feel I am starting to accept her as who she is she throws something like that out there.  I told her I didn't know since I only weighed in once, but frankly I am going to eat as healthy as I can and what I gain is what I gain.  Just was not expecting that question.   

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: MIL WTF???

• Options
    I'm sorry! I've got one of those MIL too.
  • Options
    My grandpa kept calling me big and fat today. I've gained four lbs and I was a size 6 when I got pregnant. I'm showing a bit at 13 weeks but don't believe I'm fat yet. I told him to lay off or I'm gonna flip and he did lol. I don't know if he's just going
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Wow that is rude.My mother was like that with my pregnancies,right down to the weight thing.Please try not to let her get to you.Maybe she's jealous?

edd:10/08/13 

• Options
    Yup. She's jealous she's not the center of attention. I will definitely be letting the hospital know she is not allowed in the room with permission from my husband and I. I refuse to let her ruin my birthing experience by making it all about her.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I would be so upset too! I'd just say, "I don't think thats a question you should ask a women, especially one who is hormonal"
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers photo image_zps75e14a1a.jpg
  • Options
    She is weird lol. She just has a way of rubbing me the wrong way.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Sorry she stole your spot light. You get these moments so little, you'd think she'd just let you have your moment.

Just another reason why I love that my MIL doesn't speak much English.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

imageimage
    BFP #1 - 01/12/12, EDD 09/12/12, Medical Induction @ 21 weeks 05/03/12
    BFP #2 - 10/30/12, EDD 07/04/13, Natural m/c @ 5 weeks 11/01/12
    BFP #3 - 02/07/13, EDD 10/12/13
    Dx: Incompotent Cervix

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• Options
    SDWSDW member
    You know, a woman at the party we were at this weekend said this to me today after i said I was full: "stop eating! You shouldn't eat so much then. Remember, it has to come off too and it will be harder to take off. " I was like wtf??! TRICK you don't
    pregnancy
  • Options
    It was y'alls moment she interrupted! Totally rude I wouldn't hold it in! Of course I'm starting a campaign to send all IL's to an undisclosed location until November:
  • Options
    Do you need financial contributions? I would totally ship her off to some remote island
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I feel the pain of people stealing ur thunder, my aunt posted a very annoying fb post that insinuated that we were pregnant a couple days before we were going to announce. Screw thunder stealers! This is our moment! Lol sorry she pissed u off.
  • Options
    imagenowababy:
    I guess it all depends on her tone, but it seems like it could have been a benign question. Maybe you're overreacting? Th
    Charlotte 12.3.09
    Madeline 6.24.11
    Eleanor 9.30.13
  • Options
    imagenorbert5:
    imagenowababy:</stron
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    imagefuturemrsnagle:
    Yup. She's jealous she's not the center of attention. I will definitely be letting the hospital know she is not a

• Options
    I love my smart phone, but there are times that I wish for the days of landlines and answering machines. She's texted my husband and gets mad if he doesn't text back because he's busy. She says just text her back saying he's busy. Sigh!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Oh MILs ugh I'm so sorry.
  • Options
    What a biitch!!! My MIL only said "So, I hear you're pg again" and left it at that. I don't think I would have handled her taking over the show very nicely. I'm sorry.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"