May 2013 Moms

How do you know?

I see a lot of posts from you mamas who know the position of your baby.  How do you know this?  Are you guessing?  Are you having ultrasounds every week?  Can your doctor tell somehow?

I have absolutely no clue how this baby is positioned.  I haven't had an ultrasound since the anatomy scan at 18 1/2 weeks.  If I feel my belly there are hard parts in different places every day, so I can't tell if it's a rump or a head or a foot.

TTC#2 5+ yrs Me: 44 yrs DH: 34 yrs DS born 8/2007 MC 11/2008 (natural) MC 5/2011 (IVF) MC 12/20011 (IVF) BFP 9/2012!! (DE) EDD 5/25/2013 BabyFruit Ticker

Re: How do you know?

• My little guy hasn't moved position in a really long time. I am also a pretty small person so its easy to feel his butt and back across my stomach :) It was the same with my first DS. 

DS1: 4/15/2011
    Dx: ASD, SPD and receptive and expressive speech delay at 21 months
    BFP #2: CP 5/2012
    DS2: 4/24/2013
    BFP #4: Miscarriage at 5 weeks 7/2014
    BFP #5: 8/8/2014 Due 4/20/2015 
    Its a healthy girl!!!!! 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I had a 3D ultrasound at 31 weeks.  All the movement I've felt has stayed pretty much in the same area. And, the baby's heartbeat has stayed in the same region too. 
  • Loading the player...
  • I had a growth u/s this weekend at 33 weeks and that's when I was told baby is head down.

BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP#1 09/2009 * EDD 6/19/2010 * Born 6/12/2010

BFP#2 6/03/2012 * EDD 2/09/2013 * MC @ 5w2d 6/13/2012

BFP#3 8/30/2012 * EDD 5/16/2013

• I know from weekly ultrasounds.  
    http://oi58.tinypic.com/nqv6fk.jpg

DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • Weekly US, NSTs, my MW palpating, and my own feel of what's what.

BFP#1 "Watermelon" born 3/2011
    BFP#2 "Pumpkin" 7/14/12 ~ EDD 3/23/13 ~ Natural M/C 8/3/12 @ 7 weeks
    BFP#3 "Pineapple"  born 4/2013
    BFP#4 "Grapefruit" EDD 3/29/16
  • The doctor touches and feels and then tells me.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Hiccups are low and the doc said she is head down. Plus I can feel all her limbs on my left side and a little booty on the right.
  • Your Dr can tell by feeling. My LO is head down and kinda off to the right side. I had no idea until my last appt and once my MW told me, I could totally tell and now I'm pretty sure I would know if it changed positions. I don't have any more ultra sounds
  • Ultrasounds here (we get one at every appointment- my doctor just likes to do them!). But also, he can feel the positon just by feeling around externally.
    She is here! 5-29-13

• My MW told me. She's been routinely checking baby's position externally and fundal height and she notes whether she feels the baby move as well.

We spent weeks talking to what was essentially her bum not her head. Tbh I still can't tell eve

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I have a weekly ultrasound, but the doctor usually knows from feeling. Also, when they start cervical checks they can feel the head down there sometimes.
  • I felt hiccups low, like her shoulders were down. Then I got my doppler out and found the heartbeat well below my belly button. So, I am pretty sure my LO has finally turned into a vertex position.
  • My MW felt my belly and told me.  Also, there is a very clear foot on my left side and a ball on my right (butt) and what feels like a boulder down above my pelvis (head).  So I guessed and she confirmed.  But the foot I can definitely feel
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • My dr goes by feel. I've tried myself but I can't usually differentiate between the head and bum
  • Midwife told me. Otherwise I would have no clue!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersimage
  • I have two u/s a week to monitor baby's health so that is how I know for sure but I can tell in a change in pressure on my vagina/cervix when baby was still flipping between head down and head up.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"