Baby Showers
Options

Long distance shower help...

My sister is having her first baby. I am her only sister and want to throw her a shower, however I live across the country and our whole family lives in another state. Therefore, having a shower where everyone (or anyone) could attend would be impossible. I know I have read about virtual showers, but most of the family are older ladies who would have not a clue how to do this. Any suggestions of how I could do something special for my sister in place of a shower? I also read about showers by mail, but I feel like that is more of just asking for gifts. I don't know what to do, but I would feel so bad if I didn't do anything. Please leave any ideas or advice.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Long distance shower help...

• Options
    So no one is in the same place? Is it possible for your sis to travel to where the bulk of your family is, and you could still host? I did this for my sister. From 500 miles away I still planned the invites, favors, and all of that, and got help from a lo
  • Options

imageBeckyTheEngineer:
    So no one is in the same place? Is it possible for your sis to travel to where the bulk of your family is, a
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    because it didn't fucking snow enough for me to build my own
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Mail showers or skype showers are really just gift grabs, to be completely honest. Both are horrible ideas.

It seems like a shower is impossible, so try to just get your sister a really thoughtful gift. 

12/19/2012 BFP! 
    EDD 08/26/2013 
    Our little girl arrived 8/22/2013!

• Options

Does she have friends that would throw her one? Or is there any way both you and her could go to visit family for a shower? If not, there's really no polite way to do a Skype/virtual shower. It looks gift grabby in all sense of the word. I would get yo

• Options

imageBeckyTheEngineer:
    So no one is in the same place? Is it possible for your sis to travel to where the bulk of your family is, a
    BabyFetus Ticker; Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    There is nothing stopping YOU from doing something special. It just won't be a shower.
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    ~Benjamin Franklin

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    DS dx with celiac disease 5/28/10

• Options
    Honestly, your best bet is to send your gift and card. It stinks but I would not do a Skype or mail baby shower.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    I would take whatever money you would have put into a virtual shower and put it towards a nicer gift.  Trust me,  she would appreciate that so much more.
  • Options
    She may not even want a shower.  I'm in the same boat as your sister, and I'm trying to convince my family not to throw me a shower.  I'm having a difficult pregnancy and so many other things are going on in my life that the idea of having to tr
  • Options

I've been in two "virtual" showers.  One was for my sister in law.  We had the shower here (she lives in CA) and wrapped the presents as a group and had all the shower "fun".  We videotaped the wrapping - each guest showed off her gift a

M/C April 2005
    M/C July 2006
    BFP 9/28/12
    M/C 10/9/12
    10/30/12 diagnosed with Lupus Anticoagulation
    TTC again 3/11/13
    BFP 5/23/13!! Due Jan 29 with twin boys!

October Siggy Challenge ~ Baby Hitler

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"