2nd Trimester

Nerve pain/Back pain

Hi ladies and Happy Easter!  I just wanted to get some advice on what some of you guys do for the situation i'm currently in.  My little girl has been lying more on my back for a while now, and its been causing some havok on my body.  I have kicks to my sciatic nerve, causing numbness and pain down my leg.  It started out on my right side and has now moved to my left side.  I have already confirmed everything with my provider who was thorough and checked everything out and confirmed that its coming from my back and hip pains.  I am getting quite scared now for the future months especially when it gets to be summer.  Yesterday we went shopping at our local mall and just the walking did havoc on me lol.  I could hard stand up afterwards and my feet were super swollen (already! I didn't think that started until later in pregnancy but I guess I wouldn't really know lol).    I have looked into maybe seeing a massage therapist, but some of the facilities here require a doctors prescription, which I'm sure I could get but that kind of worries me.  Are there major risks to getting a pregnancy massage?  Also I have heard of chiropractors who specialize in pregnancy, but i'm just not really sure about that.  I will probably talk to my doctor before I do anything, but i'm wondering what some of you ladies do so that I can have ideas to bring to my doctor at my next visit.  Thanks in advance for any tips and advice.  I am sure i'm going to have to deal with most of it until my lil girl comes, but I guess it doesn't hurt to look into options lol. 
BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker IAmPregnant Ticker

Re: Nerve pain/Back pain

• I was suffering from wicked sciatic pain too! It's horrible and at times debilitating! I started seeing a prenatal chiropractor twice a week and I have to say that it's been a month and I have felt a ton of improvement. It's not immediate so you do have t
  • I injured my back 3 years ago and had terrible sciatic pain for about 6 months.  I couldn't be in any one position for more than about 5 minutes at a time - I know exactly how you feel and it isn't fun!

Since my surgery, the things I do to e

• Loading the player...
  • Hi there,

I'm 19 weeks now in my second pregnancy and at 17 weeks my back absolutely fell to pieces. it was unbearable- could barely walk and would have killed someone for a hydrocodine but of course i couldn't take anything like that. My midwife

• imageTD4998:
    I was suffering from wicked sciatic pain too! It's horrible and at times debilitating! I started seeing a prenatal chi
  • imageMamaInMN:

I injured my back 3 years ago and had terrible sciatic pain for about 6 months.  I couldn't be in any one posit

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"