Military Families
Options

I'm afraid our twins wont remember him.

My husband abou to be deployed and I'm afraid our twins won't remember him. He spends alot of time with them.  I have him bottle feed them as much as possible.  What should I have him do to help them remember him.  They will be a month old when he is deployed. 

Re: I'm afraid our twins wont remember him.

• Options

Honestly, at this age, they won't remember him.  However, there are things you can both do so he is familiar to them when he returns.  There are a ton of recordable books out there.  We have several my H has recorded for our kids.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    skoozskooz member

I can't say how much this is helping since DH isn't home yet, but I made a board book with pictures of him doing everything he normally does (goes to work, lifts weights, reads, etc.) and lots of pictures of DD and DH together. I try to read that every

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My Dh left when our DS was about 9 wks old. We skyped which helped a lot and I got him a daddy doll. At that age though they honestly dont associate the length of time they are gone. My DS went strait to daddy with no issues when he got home and went righ

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• Options

They won't remember him, sadly.  My son was 6 months when my DH deployed and despite a great relationship when he left they had to totally reconnect when DH returned 7 months later. It was MUCH harder on my husband than on my son. 

I

Married 6/28/03

Kate ~ 7/3/09 *** Connor ~ 11/11/10

4 miscarriages: 2007, 2009, 2013, 2014

*~*~*~*~*

No more TTC for us. We are done, and at peace, as a family of 4.

"Suffering has been stronger than all other teaching, and has taught me to understand what your heart used to be. I have been bent and broken, but – I hope – into a better shape.” — Charles Dickens

• Options
    I concur it may be too early for your twins to remember, but there are many ways to help them associate as they get older. A crib mobile with his face on it, phone calls (on speakerphone), digital photo frames around the house, etc. can help. Our DD is 7
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

All of this is great advice, plus when he comes home, remember that it is ok for him to do things differently. Let him find his own way with them and try not to jump in or correct all the time. Just support him in building his bond with them. Don't swe

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"