Multiples
Options

10 week appt

Hey fellow MOM's!

Had my 10 week appt the other day.  Didn't do much besides go over health history and have exam and blood work.  I saw an NP for my initial and won't go back to see my OB until I'm 16 weeks.  NP looked for heartbeats via doppler but no luck, she told me only a 50% chance of finding them at 10 weeks, but probably even less likely for me since my uterus tips backward.  Next ultrasound is on April 8th (almost 12 weeks) and I'm SO excited to see my lil babes again! 

I also forgot to ask at my appt so thought I'd ask here...at our first 6 week ultrasound the tech showed us that the babies were in the same gestational sac and most likely identical.  Does anyone know if babies in the same gestational sac will always share a placenta? Or could they potentially have their own placenta?  TIA for any input :0)

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: 10 week appt

• Options
    Identical twins always share a placenta. That's why they r at higher risk of TTTS and from 16 weeks you'll get a scan every two weeks. I go on the 9th April for me 16 weeks scan. good luck!!
  • Options

Identical don't always share a placenta but if they are in the same gestational sac, they most likely will. 1/3 of identical twins are di/di.   

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Identicals in the same sac always share a placenta.

TTC since May 2006. After 3 failed Clomid cycles, 2 failed Injectibles/IUIs, 2 failed IVFs and 1 failed FET, we moved on to adoption! 

Last ditch FET resulted in BFP, and identical twin girls!

• Options

this is what I found on a quick search on your question

Do identical twins always share a placenta during pregnancy?<span style="font-family:Verdana;font-size:12px;line-height:18px;
  • Options
    imageJocelynB0911:

this is what I found on a quick search on your question

<B style="LINE-HEIGHT:18px;FONT-FAMILY:Verdana;FON

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"