High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

Pre-E Mommas

First poster on this board, but I have a few questions for you ladies!

I just did my 24-hour urine catch, and I've gotten some conflicting answers on the results so just wanted your input.  I know none of you are doctors and don't have the "right" answers for me, just wanted to see what some of your experiences are. 

My results are as follows:
Urine protein  9.9  (Reference is 0-10)
Calculated Result  216  (Reference is 0-150)
Total Volume  2200  (Reference is 800-1200)
**Both the 2nd and 3rd numbers are starred with an "H" for high results

My doctor is out of the office until next week, but her nurse called to say the numbers are within the normal range.  A good friend is a L&D nurse at a large, very reputable hospital here in Indianapolis and said those numbers would indicate pre-preeclampsia.  They definitely raise eye brows with her.  She said she would advise a patient that develops any sudden swelling, head ache that won't go away, spotty vision, or BPs of 140/90 to head straight to L&D.  From my reading on Google (I know it isn't the best source), the numbers are definitely higher than normal. Compared to your numbers, would these be high?  I have been getting headaches at least 6 hours out of every day, and my swelling is going up it seems almost every day.  Feet aren't too bad, but my legs are starting to resemble logs as well as mild/moderate swelling in my hands.  Face is slightly puffy.  My PP BP is usually 110/65-115/70 and is now running about 135/85 - 145/85.  (This has gone up over the last 2 weeks.  It was running about 120-125/70.)  What say you ladies?

(For reference, I have been diagnosed with GD, tachycardia, and a heart murmur in the last 10 weeks, as well.)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Pre-E Mommas

• Options

300 mg is the cut-off for pre-eclampsia so you're not there yet.  The "high" is a cut-off for all patients and is not a normal range specifically for pregnancy.  Unfortunately your nurse friend told you wrong. 

So you clearly ha

Three losses in 2009; Boy/Girl twins born in 2010 image
  • Options
    imageERMommy:
    300 mg is the cutoff for preeclampsia so you're not there yet.nbsp; The "high" is a cutoff for all patients and is not a n
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Watch those BPs like a hawk and make sure your doctor knows about your symptoms!
    Three losses in 2009; Boy/Girl twins born in 2010 image
  • Options

I had higher results than that with my 2nd pregnancy, and still everything turned out okay.

But your BP's concern me. I also run in the 110/60's normally and during my first pregnancy, one of the reasons it was not caught was that my bp was tota

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

After I did the 24 hour urine my total volume for protein was 6,000+. I delivered that day. I was diagnosed with severe pre-e. My daughter also had IUGR so that was also the determining factor. Keep a close on it. I ignored the symptoms even with the b

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"