Stay at Home Moms

What to put in 30 plastic eggs

Gah! So we are doing an egg hunt in the backyard tomorrow. I bought 30 plastic eggs to hide. DH asked me what I planned on putting inside them. Uh... nothing. The girls are all getting baskets with all kinds of stuff. The eggs are for them to search for in the yard. DH thinks that's lame but, of course, has no suggestions. I don't want to put candy in them, the babies don't get to eat it and we put some in Lydia's basket. Little toys are no good because Anna puts EVERYTHING in her mouth. Is it lame to leave them empty?? If yes, I need some suggestions. Thanks!!
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Re: What to put in 30 plastic eggs

• What about stickers?  You could get a sheet and cut them up and put one sticker in each egg.  DS loves stickers so that's what came to mind as a non-food item :)
    imagephoto 64bf363d-3af0-4dcc-b880-c06326daa418_zps78d8d389.jpg
    *My Blog*
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

photo 0cc607b9-4233-4842-8175-d093f8f92ca8_zps7cc00875.jpg
    10/50 Read

my read shelf:
    Stephanie's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Stickers would be great for Lydia but Anna would just eat them and I'm not sure what Fiona would do.

So... empty eggs are lame?
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Grapes, raisins, teddy grahams, buy a small lego toy and put one piece in each egg, puzzle piece in each egg...that's all I've got.

Proud Mommy to Kaylie 12-04, Alaina 5-06 & Annalise 6-08 imageimage
  • imageMrs.Greg:
    Stickers would be great for Lydia but Anna would just eat them and I'm not sure what Fiona would do. So... empty
    imagephoto 64bf363d-3af0-4dcc-b880-c06326daa418_zps78d8d389.jpg
    *My Blog*

photo 0cc607b9-4233-4842-8175-d093f8f92ca8_zps7cc00875.jpg
    10/50 Read

my read shelf:
    Stephanie's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Our Easter Bunny always puts money (mostly coins and 1 or 2 dollar bills) in the eggs but that is probably a no go with LOs who put things in their mouths. My kids LOVE putting money in their piggy banks. But they also both get really excited just to find

DD1 7/10/08  DD2 8/11/10  DS 7/2/13

• I REALLY like the Teddy Graham idea!!  Animal Crackers would work too...  The stickers would be the secondary idea...

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We are putting cheerios in ours. We are lame.

My DH did get 3 Elmo treat containers, so I will be putting a few M&M's in there. 

My daughter is my hero.
  • Oh man, one year I put little wooden blocks from DS1's blocks in Easter eggs (he was just under two). He was pretty excited about them, in all honesty. I also do Goldfish/Aunt Annie's bunny crackers and small stickers. Or Cheeries/dry cereal.

You

DS1 - Feb 2008

DS2 - Oct 2010 (my VBAC baby!)

• I'm mobile so I can't see your LO's ages but what about puffs for the little ones?
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We've done goldfish and teddy bears a lot.  I bought a shitton of candy to put in.  I also have indiv packs of goldfish to put in too.  We also put change into the eggs.

• Stickers.. Gold fish.. Fruit snacks.. Oyster crackers..Tattoos..

My sil bought a Lego kit for her son and split up all the pieces and put them in the eggs. When he finds them all shell give him the instructions. I thought that was a great ide
  • DD1, both last year and this year has been more than happy to hide the empty plastic eggs over and over and over again.  DD2 on the other hand has no interest in finding eggs, regardless of what is in them.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers 
                             Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Goldfish crackers, my daughter was so excited lol!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imagesbevmc09:
    What about stickers?  You could get a sheet and cut them up and put one sticker in each egg.  DS loves sti
  • Plastic eggs?  Please tell me you're joking.

Here are the eggs DD and I made yesterday.  She is such a good little painter!

<A style="BORDER-BOTTOM:0px;BORDER-LEFT:0px;BORDER-TOP:0px;BORDER-RIGHT:0px;" id=irc_mil href

imageimageimage
    imageimage
  • imagenowababy:
    Goldfish or bunnies? Other little snacks they eat regularly and love? I don't think it's lame to put nothing in them for
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickersPitaPata Cat tickers

• imagenowababy:

imageLiz4444:</str
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickersPitaPata Cat tickers

• If you had gotten big enough eggs, you totally could've stuck some food pouches in them.
  • imagecrystaladult:
    I feel so sorry for the discarded, mutilated Peep. Think of the candy!!!!!

I think Peep

• imagenowababy:
    I'm hiding 6 eggs for DD. 4 of them are filled with like 4 Annie's Bunnies. One is filled with 3 jelly beans, one for her
    July 20th, 2012: Never forget the day the fb douchebags tried so hard, but ultimately failed. Viva la October 2011! Yeah, I called you douchebags.

BFP 1/18/11, EDD 10/1/11. Born at 37w5d on 9/15/11. AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

***BFP Chart***

"There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning.

• imageMrs.Greg:

imagecrystaladult:

• imagenowababy:

Goldfish or bunnies? Other little snacks they eat regularly and love?

I don't think it's lame to put nothing

• imagenowababy:
    Who are you?

And, yea, I totally over thought it when I decided what I was doing and did it all in about 5 m
  • imagenowababy:
    Who are you?

And, yea, I totally over thought it when I decided what I was doing and did it all in about 5 m
    July 20th, 2012: Never forget the day the fb douchebags tried so hard, but ultimately failed. Viva la October 2011! Yeah, I called you douchebags.

BFP 1/18/11, EDD 10/1/11. Born at 37w5d on 9/15/11. AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

***BFP Chart***

"There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning.

• imageHappyAardvark:
    imagenowababy:</
  • Lopes, I SAH and my kid eats sugar and pouches.... What does that say about my mommy gene?

• imageLiz4444:
    Lopes, I SAH and my kid eats sugar and pouches.... What does that say about my mommy gene?

<br /
  • imagecantalopes24:
    imageLiz4444:</st

• I'm seriously offended that someone would cut me up.
    Inspiring tastebuds and artisans since 1953
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"