January 2013 Moms

Success!!! I think we're exclusive...

So for the last two weeks I haven't had to supplement C at all with formula! I just realized as I was pumping. Two full weeks, no formula and he's in the 80th percentile as of Tuesday at his appt.
I didn't think we'd get here after all the latching supply issues and I really felt like there was something wrong with me and C.
Pumping every three to five hours blows but feeding him well makes me so happy. It's a weird accomplishment, I know.
When I first got pregnant I had visions of Brooke Shields from Blue Lagoon and how easy it would be to breastfeed. It is so not as easy as Rachel made it seem she she had Ross' baby!!!!! I had originally said I'd bf for at least a year, then when he was born and had to be force fed formula, I said I'd try six months. Then all hell broke loose and he refused to nurse at all and I prayed I could do it a week! Now I'm making little goals. Right now, I'm aiming for 12 weeks. Then we'll aim for a full four months. Little baby steps.
Breast feeding even with everything right is hard but when your baby can't physically do it, it sucks!!! I now know at least that I have the milk. I'm not contlributing to any problems and as long as there is milk in his bottle, he's a healthy boy chowing down. I'm so relieved!
What's your success this week?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Success!!! I think we're exclusive...

• Congrats! Big accomplishment .. I love breastfeeding. NEVEr thought I'd say that.

We got some STTN action happening out of no where. So I'm feeling just as excited as you.
  • I know the feeling of not having to supplement with formula, we're around the 2 week mark too.

Our success is that DD has been sleeping on average 6 hours in a row at night most of this week!

Diagonsed PCOS TTC since May 2009
    First M/C December 2010 Second M/C August 2011
    Oct 2011~Second round clomid 50 mg; BFN
    Nov 2011~Third round clomid 50 mg: BFP
    Dec 11- Beta #1 91;Dec 13- Beta #2 186.2
    Dec 27- third miscarriage
    May 25th- Beta #1 369;May 27th- Beta #2 798
    Baby girl born Jan 23, 9lbs 3oz, 21 1/2" long
    May 27th-Beta #1 80; May 29th- Beta #2 304; May 31st- Beta #3 860
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Yes BFing is one of the hardest things I've ever done. I'd like to say it gets easier with #2, but it didn't for me. Every baby is different and it's that baby's 1st time BFing,
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

It takes a special amount of bitch to induce menstruation in another person. - LovelyRitaMeterMaid

Rap Roller
  • Congratulations! It's a major accomplishment. One day at a time :)
  • Congrats, that is a great accomplishment!  Great job pushing through!

Are you EP'ing?  I don't know what his latch issues are, but have you thought about trying to get him to latch again?  It often can be done (depending on the

imagephoto 64bf363d-3af0-4dcc-b880-c06326daa418_zps78d8d389.jpg
    *My Blog*
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

photo 0cc607b9-4233-4842-8175-d093f8f92ca8_zps7cc00875.jpg
    10/50 Read

my read shelf:
    Stephanie's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Congrats! I know that must feel fabulous! I'm try so hard to get where you are now! Pumping after every feed, eating oats, brewer's yeast, and just purchased some motherlove more milk special blend. I'm so sick of supplementing with this SNS and wish we c

Kendall, 1/1/13
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Congrats on the accomplishments!!!
    AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Congrats!

My win for the week is that I left DD for 10 hours with my parents to go to a workshop, pumped 3 times in the car, and didn't cry.

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"