July 2013 Moms

Name ?: Can it be too long?

So MH and I have been set on a girl first name from the get go.  Last night he suggested a new middle name that I LOVE and then of course we have our last name.

Here's my worry though, all 3 names are 9 letters long making her name 27 letters long! 

Now, I know that people don't generaly write out their middle name, but of course my teacher hat came on and I'm thinking, "Dang, this poor kiddo has to learn to spell all that."

So, what say you? 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Name ?: Can it be too long?

• Maybe it will be a struggle for her at first, but soon she will be writing proficiently and it won't be a problem.

My name was hyphenated when I was a kid, so it was pretty long. I did not mind writing it out at all and it was not a struggle

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

• I'd say go for it.  Like you said, you rarely have to write out your middle name. 
  • Loading the player...
  • I wouldn't worry about it. If you like the name and its pretty then go for it!

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• My last name is 11 letters. It is very annoying because people always make me spell and respell it 5 times. I gave my kids 4 letter names to.cut them a break! If I had a last name I didn't have to spell every time I probably wouldn't care. There are alway
  • Go for it! My name is super long, and I was always fine.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    imageimage
  • imagemsspeedymarie:

images
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • That's funny! I completely understand!.I swear people only have an attention span for five letters.
  • I don't believe in "too long." I say if you like it, go for it!

Anniversary

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

TTC/BFP/FF details in bio

• Do it!!!! Mine is pretty long too and it never bothered me. My last name was super difficult for people to spell and understand because it's Spanish and I grew up in whiteville, USA, so that was a way bigger pain than the length.
  • My full name is longer than that, it's never been a problem. It's not often you have to write out your full name.
  • imageramy3695:
    I say if you love, go for it!

I was going to say the exact same thing.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • My first name is 5 letters long, my middle name has 8 letters and my last name has 7 so my name is pretty long too and I've never had any problems, aside from the spelling;) I say go for it!! 
  • DDs is Elizabeth Josephine six letters. I remember one time we were at steak and shake and a teenager asked what her name was. We told her and she said, 'Aw, her name is bigger than she is!' It was cute and even though I know it's a big name I love it and

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers

I lost my angels 07/2010, 04/2017, 10/2017

Meimsx no more
  • I really think it will be ok.  Go for it!

TTC since Aug 2011. BFP #1 on 10/28/2011 EDD of 07/02/2012 Natural MC on 11/22/2012  BFP #2 on 10/28/2012  EDD of 7/13/13  Judah Ari born on 7/11/13.

I love my rainbow baby!

• Robi1Robi1 member

imagesantoriello21:
    That's funny! I completely understand!.I swear people only have an attention span for five letters.
    </BLOC
    #1 7/2013
    #2 3/2015
    #3 3/2017
    #4 10/2019
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"