Stay at Home Moms
Options

Guilt over things not being equal for second LO...

Am I the only one who feels guilty that I can't keep up with doing everything for my second the way I did it with my first?

For my son's first Easter, I had hundreds of pictures of him just on Easter Eve alone...dyeing eggs, writing a letter to the bunny, putting carrots out, hunting Easter eggs, sitting in his Easter basket covered in eggs.  Tonight I only managed to get 2 of DD and we didn't do all those things, either.

Now, tonight was DD's first Easter Eve...I scrambled to write a quick letter to the bunny with DS, then realized she should write one too, and decided to make the letter from both of them. Later I realized I should have done two so they could each have one in their own memory box...and I literally cried.  I realize this is ridiculous, but I guilt myself over everything and was already feeling bad about the pictures thing and the fact that her basket has a lot less than his.

You can laugh at me...but also tell me I'm not the only one not keeping up the second time around, and that my DD won't hate me for it. Please?

DS (7 years old) from FET in 2010
DD (5 years old) from IUI in 2012
TTC 3rd and final!: IUI #1 in progress!

Re: Guilt over things not being equal for second LO...

• Options
    That's waaay more than I did for my first on any Easter or holiday or birthday. I think maybe you are setting the bar too high by trying to have too many traditions. Especially for babies who don't care now and may or may not care that there are pictures
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

I sent my kids to bed 1/2 an hour early because I was grouchy.

I think that things change year to year.  You are busier with 2 than you were with one.  Don't worry about it.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

imagejoirish:
    That's waaay more than I did for my first on any Easter or holiday or birthday. I think maybe you are setting the bar
  • Options
    imageAimeeL85:

imagejoirish:<
    11/2010 Diagnosed with PCOS 
    10/31/11 M/C at 9 weeks
    1/12/13 DD was born
    4/9/16 DS was born 
    9/17 CP 
    6/23/18 BFP EDD 3/4/19 

• Options
    imageAimeeL85:

imagejoirish:</str

• Options

I am right here with you! I was stressing about dd2's basket having less last night, and I basically always feel like someone is not getting enough attention. I totally admit the transition from 1 to 2 kids has kicked my butt! 

"And though she be but little, she is fierce."
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    PitaPata Dog tickers
  • Options
    I have to ask, what in the world do you write in a letter to the Easter bunny?? I have never heard of that. Is the Easter bunny like a Santa figure? I mean, I know who the Easter bunny is, he just isn't that important in our family traditions growing up,
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

Yeah... this is why I avoid Pinterest. 

I think you were doing too much.  At least IMO.  I loved holidays as a kid and our traditions were not nearly as complex and involved as I hear about people doing now.  I plan to keep t

imagephoto 64bf363d-3af0-4dcc-b880-c06326daa418_zps78d8d389.jpg
    *My Blog*

photo 0cc607b9-4233-4842-8175-d093f8f92ca8_zps7cc00875.jpg
    10/50 Read

my read shelf:
    Stephanie's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    What the hell do you write to the Easter bunny?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Cut yourself some slack and stop looking at Pintrest unless you're looking for a specific project idea...  You can't do it all and only you can decide what the actual priorities are.  Until your LO's are around 3-4 they aren't really going to

• Options

imageTheGriffs:
    I have to ask, what in the world do you write in a letter to the Easter bunny?? I have never heard of that. Is the
  • Options

IME on TB, you are the norm.  I used to wonder if I was the assshole because I felt no guilt whatsoever in relation to having a 2nd baby, even though there were less pictures and whatnot

She will not hate you!  Tone it down now before t

DS 3.12.08
    DD 7.11.09
    DD 8.01.13
  • Options

imagejoirish:
    That's waaay more than I did for my first on any Easter or holiday or birthday. I think maybe you are setting the bar
  • Options
    imageAllycat11:
    imageAimeeL85:</
  • Options
    imageMrs.Hizzo:

imagejoirish:

• Options
    imageeaglesfan700:

IME on TB, you are the norm.  I used to wonder if I was the assshole because I felt no guilt whatsoever in

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"