Trying to Get Pregnant

"When are you going to get pregnant"

Did anyone else get this all weekend? I'm not upset by it - more annoyed, but I can see it really getting to me if it takes us a year or longer. It seems like every family member we saw this weekend asked us when we're going to get pregnant. I find it really rude but I just smile politely and laugh.

No one knows we're trying.  

It's the worst when my grandma plants the guilt trip on me that she my not be alive to see my kids.  

Rant over.... 

DS #1 born 12.3.13
BFP #2 09.21.14 EDD: 06.06.15

BabyFetus Ticker

Re: "When are you going to get pregnant"

• I say we are having problems and that usually shuts them up! sometimes I get angry and have to be blunt.
    TTC #1 since April 2012 Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I have actually been fighting a bad mood all day because of this question. It was really fun paired with comments about how two of my cousins are due within a couple days of each other. 
    Married August 2011. TTC since November 2012. http://community.thebump.com/cs/ks/blogs/brittni0703/default.aspx
  • Loading the player...
  • imagebrittni0703:
    I have actually been fighting a bad mood all day because of this question. It was really fun paired with comments

DS #1 born 12.3.13

BabyFetus Ticker
  • i'm in the same boat! dh and i had a little getaway this weekend, so i didn't have to entertain this question from hoards of family members (thank god). i agree that it's more annoying than upsetting. 

my response is usually different depend

• DH and I got it a lot from his side. But literally everyone on his dad's side was KU before getting married or within 2-3 months of marriage, so for us to be married 6 months with nothing is weird to them I guess? 

My family wa

Dx PCOS 09/12
    Married my best friend 10/12/12
    TTC 1 since 10/12
    NTNP Fall 2013 to focus on a healthier lifestyle
    Anniversary

• We get it mostly from friends, since my family thinks we should wait. We have a friend couple that thinks we should be pregnant together, but wants me to be on her time schedule. Because I've heard its easy for one couple to plan exactly when to get pregn
  • I get this all the time, especially from my Granny who throws in the "I just want to see one great-grandchild before I die."  I tell everyone:  Practice makes perfect, and we want perfect babies.  Most people just laugh and move on.  O
    imageimage
    Me: 33     DH: 38
    TTC since August 2011
    DX:  PCOS and subseptate uterus
    August 2013:  Clomid + Trigger + IUI TI = BFN
    September 2013:  Clomid + Trigger + TI = BFN
    October 2013:  Clomid + Trigger + IUI canceled
    November 2013:  NTNP
    April 2013:  Femara + Trigger + IUI = ???
  • We got it some from DH side.  Esp because we also had a family bsbyvshower.  It is no secret we are ttc, but one of his cousins have been trying for two years and from overhearing some whispered convos they are at the end <font class="Apple-s

• We get it every so often.  It used to be more but now that DD is 6 1/2, I guess most people assume we're done.
    ~Jessica~ 

• I get this on my mom's side a lot. They're constantly asking when we're gonna have another one...and they all know we're trying.

Today my mom kept making comments like, "E would look so cute with a little brother or sister next to him" when w
    <3 *Evan Michael* <3
    {06/15/2010 ~ 9lbs. 4oz, 22.5in.}
    <3 *Twin Angel Babies* <3
    {Said Goodbye on 08/13/2011 at 17w3d}
    No longer TTC
    *~Kisses to My Bestie Boo, ScrappyLika~*

• DH's family is notorious for this. He has a sister and a brother - the sister has a son (5) and isnt planning for any more. The brother cannot have kids (medically, not to mention that he has mental problems and should not have a child, so it's a bless

• Know the feeling!

• imageNariaDreaming:
    We get it all the time. I just tell them it's not up to us, it's up to God, and that we are just waiting on His
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    image   image
  • I get this all the time... On all sides of our families, we are the only married ones without babies yet. No one knows we are trying so I just use the "well i just started school excuse."

On DH side, when he went up yesterday, even his uncle
    Kinley Diane
    Born 2/4/14
    Weighing 6 lbs 10 oz and 20 inches long

• We've been getting this a lot from my H's family which really surprised me. I figured they would want us to wait awhile or never have them. They keep telling us we should have one or asking when it's going to happen. I don't get mad because it's obvious t
    ******************************************** siggy warning ******************************************

image image

Married July 2011 * TTC #1 since 8/12 * Me: 29 DH: 29
    21 Cycles TI: BFNs
    DX: Stage 2 Endo, uterine polyps and paratubal cysts removed
    2/14: IVF #1 Lupron Protocol = 12R/10M/9F, no frosties; transferred one 3BB blast = BFN
    4/14: IVF #2 Antagonist Protocol = 18R/16M/15F/6 frosties; transferred one 4BB blast = BFP!!
    Beta #1 (5/12) = 232 Beta #2 (5/16) = 886 Beta #3 (5/20) = 3168
    EDD 1/18/15 It's a BOY 

~~~~~~ All Are Welcome ~~~~~~

• imageAndTheMoon:

DH's family is notorious for this. He has a sister and a brother - the sister has a son (5) and isnt planning f

***SIGGY/TICKER WARNING***

TTC since September 2012 ~ DH(32): Non-obstructive azoospermia, Me(32): Normal

10/13 - TESE found sperm!! ~ 11/13 - IVF w/ ICSI #1 ~ ER 11/23/13 ~ 10 R, 9 M, 8 F

ET 11/29/13 ~ Transferred 2 beautiful hatching blasts, 5 frosties

12/5/13 -  BFP!!! Beta #1 (12/7/13) - 189  Beta #2 (12/9/13) - 401 Beta #3 5871

12/16/13 U/S #1 - TWINS!! EDD - August 16, 2014 ~ 7/19/14 - Our beautiful baby girls joined the world!

• imageLilSip0611:
    imageAndTheMoon

DS #1 born 12.3.13

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Luckily I didn't have to go to a family event this holiday so I fortunately have avoided these questions lately.

Funny similar story: mom and I were in the bathroom at a restaurant a few days ago. She know about our struggles and IF. She kno

Me: 32 DH: 31.
    B/W: good. SA: good.
    November 2012: Paratubal cyst found during U/S.
    January 10, 2013: Lap removed paratubal cyst and Stage 2 Endometriosis. 
    3 cycles of Femara + TI = BFNs

June 2013: Femara 2.5 mg, Gonal F Injects 37.5 IU, Menopur, trigger + IUI = BFN

July 2013: Femara 2.5 mg, Gonal F Injects 75 IU, Menopur, trigger + IUI = BFP!!!!

Beta 1 @ 11 DPIUI = 76. Progesterone = 27.3

BFP 8/16/2013 // EDD 4/28/2014

Jordan Samuel born April 19, 2014. 6 lb, 12 oz and 18 inches long.

CLICK ME!!!11!!1111!!

• This is terrible...... My brother and SIL keep asking us.

I finally told them when I could quit drinking socially and it would be a struggle because my momma didn't raise a quitter.

My brother's jaw fell open.  My SIL shu

imageimage
    Baby Chugging born 12.28.13
    induction due to HELLP

• imageAndTheMoon:

(medically, not to mention that he has mental problems and should not have a child, so it's a blessing in di

imageimage
    Baby Chugging born 12.28.13
    induction due to HELLP

• imageChuggingWater:
    imageAndTheM

10/13 - TESE found sperm!! ~ 11/13 - IVF w/ ICSI #1 ~ ER 11/23/13 ~ 10 R, 9 M, 8 F

12/16/13 U/S #1 - TWINS!! EDD - August 16, 2014 ~ 7/19/14 - Our beautiful baby girls joined the world!

• KRMcDKRMcD member
    We've been getting it since we got engaged. Also, see my siggy. 
  • for some reason, I get this more from random people than I do family (probably bc we live so far away from family).  after 4 people made comments to me in one day about my DD needing a sibling I told someone who asked "well I just had sex about 20 mi
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageNariaDreaming:
    imagepenelop

• My standard canned response was, "Nine months after I get pregnant."
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I just told my family that we were going to be married a certain amount of time before trying. That way it gives us some peace before the questioning. However, it's the friends of DH that don't get it. They all have kids and look at us like WTH. I want to
  • We get that all the time from DH's family, but what I hate even more is when friends ask it and try to disguise - "Oh, so and so got KU, isn't that crazy?  Haha wouldn't that be crazy if one of us was pregnant?  No but seriously, are you pregnan
    TTC #1 since 2/2013
    BFP 12/9/13!  Adeline Rose born 8/21/14

imageimage

Anniversary
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageLilSip0611:
    imageNariaDream
  • I don't mind it.  However, I also just started TTC.  If I have TTTC, I can definitely see it annoying me.  Simply because I'd also like to know the answer to their question.  Except for my parents and DH's parents, no one knows we a

• imageKdgTeacher:
    My standard canned response was, "Nine months after I get pregnant."

Good on

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"