Food Allergy
Options

Milk substitute in savory foods

We are coping with MSPI and I have "original almond milk" in my fridge.  I'd rather not have to buy anything else but it has a sweetness to it.  Has anyone used it for savory things like mashed potatoes?

I'd rather not have another carton of milk laying around as I am still struggling getting used to non-cows milk and I probably won't be chugging it down with cookies or anything like that, but I do miss mashed potatoes and cream-style soups.  If you have another favorite milk for this type of cooking, please share!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Milk substitute in savory foods

• Options
    I use almond milk or rice milk in cooking on occasion, but I like to use the plain/original flavor of So Delicious Creamer for most things. I make mac n "cheese" with it and substitute it for milk in mashed potatoes.
    imageimage
  • Options

I have bought unsweetened or unflavored coconut milk (in Dairy section).  I think you might be able to get it in small pint or med sized quart sizes.   It's not a terribly coconut-y as you might think - and it mi

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I just saw an ad for Daiya cream cheese - that could be heated and stirred into savory dishes, like mashed potatoes, I'm sure!  It's milk and soy free!  Good luck!
  • Options
    I use original almond milk in all my cooking and it works just fine.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"