Multiples

Twins arrival!!!

Also posted on April moms. 

We have been home from the hospital for a days now and trying to get adjusted to our "new" life.  We went from team green to team pink so DH is extremely outnumbered 4 to 1.  

We got to the hospital at 5:30pm Thursday and got checked in and settled into our room (11).  By the time we got through everything is was 7:00pm.  They started the bag of IV fluids so I could get my epidural.  I had been having contractions randomly and was already dilated to 4.5cm when they admitted me.  The OB who was to break my water was in a c-section so we were waiting on her.  They put in my epidural about 8:30pm and finally called someone else to break my water. At 9:00pm they broke my water and started pitocin. They checked me at 10:00pm and I was only 5 cm dilated so they bumped up the pitocin. At 11:00pm the nurse came back to check me and I was fully dilated!!! My OB was not there yet so she asked the nurse to have me to a "practice push", we did and DD started to crown.  She instructed to stop pushing and breath through all contractions because my OB was 20 minutes away. 

After and excruciating 20 minutes they wheeled me into the OR.  I could tell MH was scared (it was his first time in an OR).  He was white as a ghost and so quiet.  They moved me to the table and put my feet in the stirrups. At that point DD's head completely came out without me even pushing. My doctor walked in at that moment and delivered DD the rest of the way. Thank god.  Claire Helen was born at 11:20pm weighing 6 lbs 10 oz, 18 inches.  Now the crazy part began!  DD 2 was breech so my OB did an internal version. It took 2 tries to get her flipped and my OB was holding her in place internally while myself and another OB was holding her from the outside.  I gave 4 good pushes and Elena Mae was born 7 minutes later, 6 lbs 10 oz 19 inches.  

I only needed 2 stitches and had a very small first degree tear.

We are so smitten and recovery has been good so far. Breast feeding is going well but we have had no sleep since we can't get the girls on a schedule this young.

Our oldest DD has done so well with all the changes we really couldn't ask for a better experience.  Good luck to all the rest of the MoMs still waiting on their sweet little loves. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Twins arrival!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"