June 2013 Moms

I'm going to cry

Josh is fine. This is about me :]

Josh doesn't have great control of his arms and hands yet. A lot of times he splays them out to the side or by his head but he can't get them back to his chest and it stresses him. The physical therapist showed me how to help him bring his arms back in and calm him.

Long story longer, I was doing that when his stats started to go wonky. He was fine after a sec. The nurse came in, saw that my hands were on his hands, and said if I was going to keep making Josh so mad and upset that she wasn't going to keep running in here every time his alarm went off. She said I'm bothering him.

I already almost reported her for not handling Josh gently enough. I spoke to her about that and she said she understood and would be extra careful...then never made a change.

Unfortunately for her I was already in a righteously p!ssed off mood. Sooo as soon as the charge nurse gets here she will be reported. Today is NOT the day, mean nurse lady.

I'm not new. I just hate The Bump. 

Re: I'm going to cry

• Oh hell no! Report her . She's lucky that she didn't get an earful that started with "Listen, b*tch", since that's what I'd love to do.

The PT told you what to do.

He's your child.

And how dare she threaten to withhold care?

<p
  • imageAimRich:
    Oh hell no! Report her . She's lucky that she didn't get an earful that started with "Listen, btch", since that's what I'd

• Loading the player...
  • People can be so insensitive. Obviously you were trying to help him, not bother him. Plus you are his mom you can "bother" him all you want. I hate rude people. Sorry.

image image

• First off, HUGS. The nurse definitely needs to be reported, especially for threatening to withhold care for any reason. You did absolutely nothing wrong and it is awful of the nurse to imply that you did. You were being Josh's mom and doing what the PT sh
    ~TTC since July 2010~
    CD3 Bloodwork:Normal 
    HSG-Clear 
    SA:Low Morph 
    IVF with ICSI #1: ER 12/16 (4 ER/3 Mature/0 Fertilized) 
    IVF with ICSI #2: ER 5/17 (4 ER/4 Mature/3 Fertilized)/ET 5/20 (2 embryos transferred)-BFN 
    IVF with PICSI #3: ER 9/8 (11 ER/8 Mature/7 Fertilized)/ET 9/13 (2 AA blastocysts transferred) 
    Beta#1, 9/26/12: 719 Beta#2, 9/28/12: 1,436 Beta#3, 10/1/12: 3,446
    1st u/s on 10/10/12: It's Twins! We found out on 12/16/12 that we were having two BOYS!
    C & D were born on 5/16/13 at 10:46 am and 10:47 am

imageimage
  • Ugh. I'd flick her on the nose, and tell her he's MY son, and YOU'RE making ME mad. Biotch.
  • I may just have to plan a trip to visit, just so I can thump that nurse's skull for ya.

Seriously though, you are his mother, so you (and his daddy) ultimately make decisions for him. That nurse needs a lesson in respect.

Lilypie - (tQ1Y)

Lilypie - (Rgc4)

Daisypath - (bXqd)

Natural miscarriage @ 8 weeks - 3/8/2005
    Big Brother "Skippy" born - 2/28/2007
    Missed miscarriage - (EDD 3/5/2013) - D&E @ 11 weeks - 8/8/2012
    "Hen" (EDD 6/7/2013) - born sleeping @ 19 weeks - 1/15/2013
    "G-Unit" born - 4/14/2014 and he's 100% perfection!!
  • How dare she. Report her right away. You're his mother and were just comforting him. She can't threaten to withhold care. Don't cry, you mean well. You're just taking care of your baby :]
  • I'm so sorry that this is happening. You should definitely report her. This nurse has no right to threaten you in any way. In threatening to not come to Josh's add when the alarms go off she is refusing to do her job, this may be a point that you would ne
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Oh hell no!  I'm so sorry, babe.  I'd report her stat.
  • I talked to the charge nurse. She was really nice and it turns out she happens to be our nurse's direct supervisor. She said she would address everything with the nurse immediately and that we had the option of never having her as our nurse again.

• imageTabbiC:
    Ugh. I'd flick her on the nose, and tell her he's MY son, and YOU'RE making ME mad. Biotch.

<br /

• Oh hell no! How dare she threaten to withhold care! She can't do that. Glad the charge nurse is talking to her about it and you have the option to never have her as a nurse again. That nurse sounds like the ultimate twatwaffle. Josh is your son and you we
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I know from experience...you def need to speak up. Ds1 lived in the hospital for over 9mo. We have had our share of bad/crazy nurses. Ask if the hospital your at does something called "primary nurses". To sum it up, if you get a really good nurse that you
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageheavenpaige:
    I know from experience...you def need to speak up. Ds1 lived in the hospital for over 9mo. We have had our share of ba

• imageflerlgirl:
    imageheavenpaige:</s
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • imageheavenpaige:
    imageflerlgirl:</s

• imagekari5186:
    Holy fluck. nbsp;I cannot believe that she threatened to withhold care from your son because you were touching him. nbsp;
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • That's insane. I'm so sorry she sucks. I would report her too. Because you know, you were trying to upset your son. Unreal!

Hope you have a better rest of your day! You're doing amazing and don't let some douchey nurse tell you otherwise!

Lilypie - (tyeV)

Lilypie - (AarQ)

• This pisses me off. You need to get the name of the Nurse Manager and speak to them as well as the charge nurse. Charge nurses change every shift and sometimes things get left out in report and this is something that everyone should be aware of.
    Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • imageBritt8058:
    This pisses me off. You need to get the name of the Nurse Manager and speak to them as well as the charge nurse. Charge
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm so sorry K. Sometimes people are just a**holes. You are being a wonderful Mom, so please try not to take it personal. And I hope you do report her.
    photo AlbumsWideColorBump_zps1797df63.jpg

We lost our first (EDD 07/23/12) after finding out at 12 weeks there was no longer a heartbeat. Our rainbow was born 05/22/13 and was worth all we went through.

“So can you understand? Why I want a daughter while I’m still young? I wanna hold her hand and show her some beauty before all this damage is done. But if it’s too much to ask, it’s too much to ask … Then send me a son.” – Arcade Fire
  • Aw I'm sorry! I would feel the exact same if I were u!!

• I'm sorry. We just had an incident with a nurse too, good for you for dealing with it! He is your child and she needs to have some respect for you.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Let those Mama Bear claws out! That nurse deserves it! I am so sorry she was so rude to you.
    Unexplained Infertility

After two Clomid cycles, three injectable IUI cycles, two IVFs, two miscarriages, and one lap surgery, IVF #2 has brought us our little boy!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC #2
    After months of being postponed or cancelled, FET #1.3 (Natural FET) brought us twin girls!

Surprise! Baby #4 is due in March!
  • The charge nurse actually walked back with me to Josh's room to observe the nurse. Then she and the nurse left for a while. When the nurse came back, she handled Joshua much more gently! VICTORY.

And the charge nurse added a note to her repor

• I'm glad I read these follow up posts because my angry eyes were ON. I will cut a...well...point angrily and scold a nurse for you.

I hope you get to have Nurse Friendly as his primary. :]

• Why would anyone say that?!
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    photo its20a20girl_zpsy8rztyxtjpg
  • imageflerlgirl:
    I talked to the charge nurse. She was really nice and it turns out she happens to be our nurse's direct supervisor.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"