September 2013 Moms
Options

"Just you wait"

I am SO sick of hearing this. I know people have posted about it before, but man. I posted a status this morning simply saying "Happy Easter!!!!" and some annoying woman comments saying "oh just you wait, your turn will come". What the heck? Did I complain about anything? Did I say ANYTHING that made you say "just you wait"? No. Then she comments on my aunt's status saying something about me again "lol her times are coming... hope she spreads those kiddies out 4-6 years". Whatttttt!!! 

It's just sooooo annoying to me when people say things like this. I am having a child because I LIKE THEM. And for those of you who will get defensive of people saying this, I understand completely that there are a lot of things I don't know about yet, but I just don't get when they say things like this to me for no reason at all.

Just needed to vent, thank you!  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

photo f67a54b1-ddce-4538-bf7e-65a79c0165f1_zps84df8eb7.jpg

Re: "Just you wait"

• Options
    imageAbbyMMM:

This made me laugh. I agree that attitude is hilarious. As if anything you say is now about everything ahead of you a

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

photo f67a54b1-ddce-4538-bf7e-65a79c0165f1_zps84df8eb7.jpg
  • Options
    I have a couple people on Facebook that always make "those comments" so I ended up unfriending or blocking them from most of my posts.
    Lily Michaella       ~BFP 12-31-13      ~EDD 9-7-13       ~Lily was born 9-7-13 
    Baby #2                ~BFP 8-13-17        ~EDD 4-22-18    ~Can't wait to meet you

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yeah I am getting sick of hearing it too.. so annoying.
  • Options
    There are 4 girls in my family right now who are pregnant. All due within 3 to 4 months of each other. All I ever hear about is... "We'll so and so didnt get that symptom, and so and so never complains..." News flash... Everyone is different. Every pregna
  • Options
    I hate it but I usually catch myself thinking it
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
    Photobucket
  • Options
    I worked at a pre school during my first pregnancy, all I heard was those negative type comments like "enjoy the peace now you'll never have it again" or about sleep or my body never being the same and so on. I get it, my life is going to be different I a
  • Options
    I find it far more annoying when I get that from other parents who have children older than DS. "Oh just you wait until they get to be (insert age here) years old!"

imageimageimage

• Options

I'm with you.. I HATE hearing people say "just you wait". Drives me batty. Even if you say just little things, someone has a response. Just the other day someone at my work asked why I looked tired, and I said I didn't sleep well the night before. And

• Options
    I think people who act like that are just awful.  I personally have found the last year+ with M to be nothing but a joy and I can honestly say there is nothing that has made me happier than being her mother  .There were hard days of course, but
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I totally understand what you are saying. And now that I have a DD, I'm on the other end. I say crap like that to pregnant women and then think "why am I wasting my breath?" I didn't want to hear that stuff when I was pregnant with DD and when I say it

• Options

imagePrettyInPearls23:
    I find it far more annoying when I get that from other parents who have children older than DS. "Oh just you
  • Options

I find it even more annoying when family members ask me how I'm feeling, and when I give them an honest answer . . . they pull the "just you wait" card.  I feel like I've been tricked! I wasn't complaining just to complain.  You asked me

Anniversary

• Options
    yup. completely sick of it
    Eat your food people. You are pregnant, not made of glass. ~PrimRoseMama
    The Benes Boys were born 9/3/13! woooo
    imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"