Babies: 3 - 6 Months

NBR: cat owners help!

So I've only had a cat since right before we got pregnant so I'm pretty new to it all! Our cat gets litter ALL OVER the room the litter box is in and the box is huge! It has a lid on it and I have one of those mats that are supposed to catch the litter. What do you do to prevent this? I'm thinking about getting a sliding glass pet door for my patio and keeping it out there. Once em starts crawling and walking I know it's going to be an issue.i have it gated off now but I really don't like looking in there and seeing litter everywhere! Makes the room pretty useless to anything else. What kind of box do you have or what can you suggest?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: NBR: cat owners help!

• I'm an RVT and what I tell my clients is cats don't like hooded litter boxes because it keeps the ammonia smell in the box and they get litter everywhere because they don't stay in e box long enough to burry. Also what kind of litter are you using because
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm curious as well. I've had cats my whole life and have never found a way to end this problem. We don't have a lid on our litter box. I have tried different mats, different litter boxes, different litter. I just have to vacuum often.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
  • Loading the player...
  • The thing I have found that is key in owning pets, vacuum often.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I echo PPs suggestion of frequent vacuuming.

We have an old piece of carpet in front of their box which seems to help catch the litter better.  It's a piece of commercial carpet from our church.  Seems to work better than those rubber m

• We use a couple old towels as a kind of walkway like you would mats inside your front door.  The towels catch litter better than something rubber.  We can then shake them off outdoors and wash them every couple weeks.  We also store our vac
  • I use the wood chip litter, but my litter set up is otherwise the same as yours.  Since switching over to that stuff (vs the clay) I have noticed far less crumbs all over the bathroom and the smell is almost nonexistant (IMO).
  • imageSebsMum:
    I use the wood chip litter, but my litter set up is otherwise the same as yours.nbsp; Since switching over to that stuff v

• imageNana_Osaki06:

imagelynds
  • The mat seems to trap our litter, but here is a suggestion that my sister in law used. She just purchased one of those large blue Rubbermaid storage containers. Her cat had to literally jump in to go and when he jumped out he couldn't drag any litter with
    Sept 2013 started TTC#2 (never got PP period so hoping for the first egg to drop)
    Jan 2014 - diagnosed POF (Premature Ovarian Failure) and told pregnancy not possible without egg donor because my ovaries would never function again with my hormone levels (FSH 136, LH 98.6, AMH <.03, estradiol 0, HCG 7) - using acupuncture, chiropractic care and TCM herbs / supplements
    March 11, 2014 ovulated despite every doctors prognosis!!!
    Oct 2014 hormones (FSH 48, Estradiol 89, HCG 1) not good, but heckuva lot better!

Nov. 16, 2015 FET of single adopted 5AA embryo - BFN
    Read all about my TCC Journey here in my Blog Taking Back My Ovaries
  • imageNana_Osaki06:
    The thing I have found that is key in owning pets, vacuum often.

yup I

• A top entry litter box!  Like this:

That way when your LO gets more mobile, it will be harder for them to get at.&nb

• imagecerratocc:
    A top entry litter box! nbsp;Like this:That way when your LO gets more mobile, it will be harder for them to get at.nbsp

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"