Breastfeeding

Pumping question

I just started pumping after my first morning feeding. My husband will then give our son that bottle around the midnight feeding so I can get some extra sleep. My question is should I be pumping during that time to maintain my supply....or does that defeat the purpose? Any help appreciated I'm a little confused!! 

Re: Pumping question

• My DH gives our DD a bottle at night and I always pump when he gives her the bottle. I also pump after feelings as well. I just get worried that my supply will drop. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Get the sleep! Do not wake up to pump. Your supply is flexible enough to pump in the morning and skip midnight. In a few weeks your baby won't wake up at midnight anyways, so don't feel guilty at all for giving that feeding to your H.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I think it depends on how old your LO is.  Younger than 6 weeks, I would pump/

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Love this advice! Thank you!
  • Once your supply is established I think you can skip your midnight pumping.  We were doing the same thing & it was great for a while, but I started getting blocked ducts from skipping my feed/pump at night.  Hopefully you don't have that pro
    IAmPregnant Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"