Cloth Diapering
Options

Best value diaper detergent?

I'm generally an Arm & Hammer kind of person with our regular laundry. It's cheap and gets our clothes clean. However, it looks like it is not recommended for cloth diapers. I've been comparing all of the cloth diaper friendly detergents (Rockin Green, Bumgenius, Tiny Bubbles, Country Save), and they all seem fairly expensive. I bought a few bottles of Country Save and now I'm considering Honest detergent. What do you ladies recommend as the cheapest detergent that works for your cloth diapers? Have any of you used the Honest detergent? Reviews? Thanks!

Re: Best value diaper detergent?

• Options
    I found Nellies (metal container) to be a lot cheaper than some, and it works great. I use it for all our clothes. When I'm back to work I'll get Rockin Green again bc I loved the smell. But Nellies does the job for half the price.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Firstly, your not supposed to use liquid detergent with cloth diapers. It has suspension agents in it that can cause a diaper to deteriorate and repel. As for cheaper options there is always Tide Powder (original, Ultra, or Free n Clear) or Soap Nuts. Soa
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageNana_Osaki06:
    Firstly, your not supposed to use liquid detergent with cloth diapers. It has suspension agents in it that can c
  • Options
    I think Tide original works out to be the cheapest. Personally I use country and Charlie's.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
    Paige 8/5/99, Kara 7/22/03 and Benjamin 1/19/13

10 losses 1996-1998, 2 losses 2001-2002, 3 losses 2010-2012, loss 1/2014
  • Options
    imagePumpkin_Princess:

imageN
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

imageNana_Osaki06:
    It's one of those things where you could, but shouldn't. I think almost all of us use a powder detergent and pow
  • Options
    I use tiny bubbles. I use 2 scoops and do laundry about every other day. The box lasts me over 2 months. I think it's not that expensive when you break it down.
  • Options
    imagePumpkin_Princess:

imageN
  • Options

I use either Tide or Country Save powder.

I think you'd be fine using the CS liquid and wouldn't worry about it, especially if you're starting out with prefolds and covers. Prefolds are very forgiving.

• Options
    I've been using Planet Liquid detergent primarily and have had zero issues with the fact that its liquid its rates as cloth diaper and HE safe.

I also bought Charlie's Soap to travel with to avoid liquid on the plane and its cheap and worked
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    We use Tide powder and it works well. I'm about to start using Gain powder, which was even cheaper. Hope it works ok.

Jess & Adam, married 2009, precious Audrey born in 2011. BFP 1/6/13, 6-wk MMC discovered at 9 wks 2/11/13. D&C 2/18/13, second D&C 4/23/13 for retained placenta.
    BFP 8/24/13!! EDD 5/1/14, delivered healthy and sweet Zoey Leanne on 5/5/14 by repeat c-section.
  • Options
    I've used Publix (grocery store) brand liquid free and clear detergent for almost a year with no issues. It has no enzymes or optical brighteners - just surfactants. It cleans our diapers very well and it's less than $3/bottle. I've started using it on o
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"