April 2013 Moms

A little frustrated...baby decided not to come after all

(A little frustrated...baby decided not to come after all)

This is a little update about my last few days. If you don't want the details here's the TL;DR: I kind of went into labor. But, eventually, it stopped. Also, my friends rock!

Friday started off as a pretty chill day. I took the dog to the groomers and hung out with my aunt and my brothers and my sister until she was done. Then I went home for a little while and then I had this undeniable urge to walk around. My house wasn't cutting it, so I convinced my husband to go walk around a store. We did that, went to dinner, then walked around another store when I started having painful contractions. We got back home around 9 pm, packed up the car, took showers and waited to see if the contractions would get longer, stronger, and closer. My contractions lasted all night. They were pretty strong, enough to take my breath away, but stayed at 5 minutes apart and about a minute long. I tried to take a nap, and stayed in bed for about 2 hours reading, but they kept me up all night. At 9 am I tried to rest again, and I got extremely dizzy when I lay down. This is when we decided to head to L&D.

After getting checked in, they checked me and I was only dilated to 1.5 and 60-70% effaced. They did a NST, and baby was fine, and they picked up the contractions, but I didn't progress at all so they sent me home. They aren't sure what caused the dizziness, they just told me to drink more water. :-/

We grabbed some breakfast on the way home and I could barely stay awake to eat it. I went to bed again and finally fell asleep. 2 hours later I woke up, and the contractions are gone. I was waiting for them and...nothing. Baby is still moving around in there, though she has changed positions. I am pretty sure that she has turned to being vertical (she was a little diagonal before).

However I was bleeding for a while like my period was starting. I called L&D and they said to just watch it and if it gets worse then to come in. It eventually slowed, but still hasn't gone away completely. I'm thinking it is "spotting"(though heavier than any spotting that I have ever experienced) from the internal exam.

We did learn a few things from this practice run, though. We are definitely going to want to leave our overnight bags in the car until after the baby is born (I knew this, but my husband thought that there would be someplace to store them inside the hospital), we are going to want a little bag for electronics and little things to use in labor, and we know that our support is AWESOME. They were there via phone calls and texts all night to help us stay calm. We have awesome friends.

Re: A little frustrated...baby decided not to come after all

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"