December 2013 Moms
Options

Medication Question

So I LITERALLY just found out we are expecting on Thursday night. No one was at my OB's office over the long weekend because of the holiday. In addition to spotting (which seems better) I seem to have come down with a crappy cold with a mid-grade fever (100.9) over the weekend.  I am calling my OB's office tomorrow to set up a first appointment, but I haven't even met with him to have him give me the run-down that you need at your first appt./ultrasound. My question is, can I take Robitussin Night Time Peak Cold? Active ingredients are: Acetaminophen (for fever/aches)Diphenhydramine (Antihistamine/ cough suppressant)Phenylephrine (nasal decongestant)  I THINK they are all safe based on what I have read, and I really need to get some sleep tonight.  I will certainly be calling my OB first thing to discuss and set up and appt. Thanks for your help! 
                                                            Lilypie Pregnancy tickers 

Met 9/2001
Engaged 3/15/2006
Married 5/19/2007
DD 12/12/13
DS 6/6/2016

M/C 9/29/18 @ 6w
 BabyFruit Ticker
Our little tie breaker due 8/1/19!  <3

Re: Medication Question

• Options
    No!!! Phenylephrine is toxic to the baby and placenta. You do need to get your fever down ASAP, take Tylenol only.
  • Options
    No. Phenylephrine effects blood flow to placenta. Do not take it.
    Trying to Conceive Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    As the other girls said, you should not take that medicine.  If I was in your shoes I would probably take a tylenol and mucinex or benadryl.  Mostly the benadryl to help with sleep cause it knocks me out.  Mucinex to help a runny nose, but

imageimage

• Options
    Tylenol only :) 
  • Options
    You can take Tylenol and sudafed. That's pretty much it. Try going on safefetus.com and type in what you want to use first it will give you a grade of how safe it is.
    BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"