Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Episitomy pain

I delivered 4 days ago and ended up with an episitomy and second degree tear. I felt pain the first two days in the hospital but the last two days feels like the pain is more intense, sharp, and burning. Anyone else? When does this get better?

Re: Episitomy pain

• You might want to call your doctor or at least have your DH/SO look at it.  I had an episiotomy too and a third degree tear and my pain kept getting worse instead of better.  On day 5 I ended up back in the hospital with an infection and stitche
    image BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • I would at least call the doc and let them know what's going on, just to be on the safe side.  I also had an episiotomy, and it definitely felt worse a few days afterward.  I think it was because I was up and moving around a lot more then I w

BFP#1 -3/18/12- M/C 3/31/12,
    BFP#2 -4/25/12, Beta#1 17dpo= 800, Beta#2 20dpo= 3800, Ethan James born 1-5-13

BFP#3- February 2015- natural miscarriage

BFP#4- June 2015- Ruptured ectopic, severe hemorrhage and loss of left tube on 7/10/2015

BFP#5- 12/18/15

• Loading the player...
  • Mine would hurt, then not hurt so bad, then hurt more, etc. It hurt the worst at about a week and a half when the stitches were drying. Yuck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I had a tear and it definitely got worse before it got better! Hang in there! Warm baths helped.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"