September 2012 Moms

Poor DS1...maybe DH

DH works a lot. Usually out of the house by 6am and home around 9pm. Today it was 10pm. He usually works at least eight hours on the weekend, even though he doesn't need to (they are behind, and even though his branch manager duties are caught up he helps his guys with the rest of the work). He also usually golfs on the weekend. I know Ethan misses him, but he hasn't said much about it. Tonight, as Ethan was going to bed, he said to DH "Goodnight daddy. I'll see you in the morning, okay. Don't go anywhere, okay. Just stay here so I can see you. Please don't go anywhere tomorrow."  Yep, I teared up, and I just did again. Here I was pissed because dinner plans got ruined with DH working so late, and poor Ethan just wanted to stay up late enough to say goodnight to daddy. :(

Edited title 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers 

Re: Poor DS1...maybe DH

• This made me cry. Poor little guy.
  • imageBetty&Co:
    This made me cry. Poor little guy.
    I'm hoping the Easter egg hunt we are going to will distract E
  • Loading the player...
  • hmp1hmp1 member
    Made me tear up too.

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• Sad
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    imageimage
    imageimage
  • imagehmpmrj:
    Made me tear up too.

Me too.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Aww. That's so sad. What did DH say?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

• Awww, poor little guy. I hope he gets to spend some time with his daddy.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Aw, poor little man. What did your DH say?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageShadowsRainFalls:
    Aww. That's so sad. What did DH say?
    DH said "Uh, okay buddy." That was it. I know he was plan
  • Aw I'm sorry. I bet that is hard on Ethan.
  • Awww, poor guy. I hope he gets some quality time with his dad soon!

• It's 7:30. DH is just now getting in the shower to go to work. Ethan will probably wake up before DH leaves and then cry. This breaks my heart and makes me mad at the same time. :[

ETA: yep, that's what happened. Ethan was SO excited to see D
  • Maybe play him the Cat in the Cradle song. It is really hard to find the balance between home and work. I hope you can help him figure it out.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • this made me cry too especially since DH isn't here with me. lol poor Ethan!

Liam Dean | 09.11.12 | 6lbs 13oz

• I hope he is able to work something out soon. This just broke my heart. When your husband is home, have him do something with just ds1 to make him feel extra special. MH works long hours too though not near as much as yours and ds1 is always asking for
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• One of our friends got a picture drawn from his daughter that was a thank you card. His daughter thanked him for being home for dinner. He made some changes to his work/life balance after that. 

I hope you all get it figured out soon. <

Kid #1 - 09/03/12
    Kid #2 - maybe???
    Diagnosed with Severe Ashermans 
    Hysteroscopy #10 - scar tissue grew back reblocking my right tube
    #11 or IVF with scarring still inside?
    1 lone embryo from September 2016 retreival, dx with Trisomy 16, starting fresh
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"