Trying to Get Pregnant

This is such an odd question..

I have no clue where to post it. So if its not the right place, please redirect me!

This morning I poas'd on a whim. I'm BFing my almost 6 month old son, but we dont really prevent since it took us so long and so much help to conceive him. Anyways, there was a faint positive. So we thought maybe we got an Easter miracle.

However, I started taking my placenta pills on Tuesday to try and battle some PP blues I was dealing with. Ive taken 1 a day since. A friend of mine asked me if it would cause a BFP on a test if I poured the contents in a glass of water and dipped a stick in that. I did, and well BFP. So my question is, anyone know if the urine BFP was from the placenta? Or could we indeed be pregnant again?

.Became a mama to my sweet little boy after 3 years of waiting and praying in October '12. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Miscarried twins from our first IUI cycle. D&C on August 14th, 2014
Second IUI cycle: BFP
Beta #1 (13dpiui): 74 Beta #2 (16dpiui): 505 Beta #3 (18dpiui): 1205
First Ultrasound- 6w2d 110BPM! Our baby has a heartbeat!!
BabyFruit Ticker
imageimage

Re: This is such an odd question..

• I have no idea but maybe stop taking the pills for a few days and retest or go talk to your doctor. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageLindsRockies:
    The placenta is what's responsible for creating the HCG hormone in your blood during pregnancy, so I wouldn't be surp

***DD 5/15/2004***TTC #2 Since March 2012***Severe MFI*** LameBlog ***

CafeMom Tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • imagebdipaolo86:
    I have no idea but maybe stop taking the pills for a few days and retest or go talk to your doctor.nbsp;
    </BLOCKQU

Me: 32 DH: 31.
    B/W: good. SA: good.
    November 2012: Paratubal cyst found during U/S.
    January 10, 2013: Lap removed paratubal cyst and Stage 2 Endometriosis. 
    3 cycles of Femara + TI = BFNs

June 2013: Femara 2.5 mg, Gonal F Injects 37.5 IU, Menopur, trigger + IUI = BFN

July 2013: Femara 2.5 mg, Gonal F Injects 75 IU, Menopur, trigger + IUI = BFP!!!!

Beta 1 @ 11 DPIUI = 76. Progesterone = 27.3

BFP 8/16/2013 // EDD 4/28/2014

Jordan Samuel born April 19, 2014. 6 lb, 12 oz and 18 inches long.

CLICK ME!!!11!!1111!!

• Thanks ladies! I would assume that its from the placenta, but I've never heard of it before! I plan on discontinuing the pills and try again in a few days with the same lot. I have used these tests and had negatives, so I don't think its a bad lot. This i
    .Became a mama to my sweet little boy after 3 years of waiting and praying in October '12. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
    imageimage
  • imageHawaiianSunset09:
    Thanks ladies! I would assume that its from the placenta, but I've never heard of it before! I plan on discontinu

Me: 32 DH: 31.
    B/W: good. SA: good.
    November 2012: Paratubal cyst found during U/S.
    January 10, 2013: Lap removed paratubal cyst and Stage 2 Endometriosis. 
    3 cycles of Femara + TI = BFNs

June 2013: Femara 2.5 mg, Gonal F Injects 37.5 IU, Menopur, trigger + IUI = BFN

July 2013: Femara 2.5 mg, Gonal F Injects 75 IU, Menopur, trigger + IUI = BFP!!!!

Beta 1 @ 11 DPIUI = 76. Progesterone = 27.3

BFP 8/16/2013 // EDD 4/28/2014

Jordan Samuel born April 19, 2014. 6 lb, 12 oz and 18 inches long.

CLICK ME!!!11!!1111!!

• This is somewhat unrelated, but I'm surprised you have enough placenta pills to last you 6 months! I've heard that in order to have them be effective, they will only last you a few months. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageChristyML:

This is somewhat unrelated, but I'm surprised you have enough placenta pills to last you 6 months! I've heard that

BabyFruit Ticker
    imageimage
  • I did a bit of googling and this same question was ask on another forum.  It was suggested that she open a capsule, empty it into water and dip a test.  She did and it came back positive. 

And please remember that there is no harm

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"