Military Families

Job Hunting

Hi all, 

My husband is in the process of applying for the Navy, with the intent to go through OCS starting late this year. I know a lot is up in the air - if he'll get in, when he'll get in, when he'll be stationed, and where - but I have a question about job hunting for me. I'm a public schools music teacher, teaching lessons on the side, with a Master's in Music and an active state certification. I hear that teaching jobs are relatively competitive; is there anything I can do to beef up my resume in the next year? I know there will be resources at his duty station, but wondered if I could be more proactive before we move.  

Re: Job Hunting

• I agree with the PP about getting letters of recommendation and updating your resume. Other than that, there isn't a ton you can do until you have orders and know where you will be. If everything works out as planned, I would start working to get your cre
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    TTC Since Summer 2011
    BFP #1 11/5/11 EDD 7/22/12 MC 11/14/11
    PGAL/PAL Always Welcome
  • I am a teacher with a Masters degree, and it's pretty BS when they promote teaching as a good job for military spouses.  My certification is from NY, which is supposed to be accepted by almost every state.  While states do accept it, they don

• Loading the player...
  • I agree there isn't much to do now, until you know where you might go.  But one of the biggest things would be applying for that state's certification.  You can start reading different state requirements now, and get a feel for if you might need
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"