1st Trimester
Options

accidentally told boss

I'm 5 weeks and told a close friend at work. Apparently my boss was around the corner and overheard. This is definitely not how I planned on spilling the news. She came up to me later and asked if she heard what she thinks she heard, and I said I wasn't sure. Yes, I panicked and lied, but I don't go to the doctor for 3 more weeks. How do you think I should handle this?

Also, my boss isn't exactly cuddly either. While legally she of course can't do anything, I'm afraid she's going to make my job miserable. I was actually thinking of looking for a new job but wanted to wait while we were TTC. Her assistant announced she was pregnant with her second and she was visibly mad, and was complaining her due date messed with her vacation plans. My job requires being on my feet for the entire day and carrying heavy objects, so I will need to be on limited duty in a few months. She's not going to take this well. Any advice on how I should handle this?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: accidentally told boss

• Options
    I would keep mum at work first. The walls have ears and all that. Also, people slip and they talk. I would keep it to myself at least until I heard a heartbeat if not until 24 weeks.

If you look for a different job then do so outside of work

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options

This is a tough situation.  Morally, I feel like if you are going to be on light duty in just a few months, you owe it to your boss and co-workers to give them some advanced notice.  At the same time, if you boss is going to seek revenge on y

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Whoops :( GL

Me: 29 / Hubster: 31
    Married July 2010
    DC #1 Oct 2013
    DC #2 EDD June 2016

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board