Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Burping at night

Hi ladies. This may be a silly FTM question. My lil girl is 2 weeks old and is an awesome sleeper. No matter what I do she falls fast asleep when BFing, especially at night. I end up just sliding her back into her RNP and she is out for the next 3 or 4 hours.

She rarely burps or spits up when she eats at any time of the day, but I was wondering if I should be worried about that at night? I don't want her to choke, but don't want to risk waking her if it isn't really necessary.

Re: Burping at night

• I don't think BFing babies need to burp as often as bottle fed. Our LO is bottle-fed and she is pretty sleepy during the middle of the night (like 2 or 3 am) bottle, especially if I get her before she's in freakout mode....and if for some reason she's

BabyFetus Ticker Little Riley-our first little girl coming March 1st, 2013 (or sometime around there;)
  • I always burped Ds, because he would sleep better with a settled tummy.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I always burp, no matter what. I rub her back though and it usually helps put her to sleep. I'm not one of those who pounds on the back to burp.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • If she's happy, sleeping, and not spitting everywhere, leave well enough alone!  It's fine.  I only burp mine because he's a reflux/gassy baby and would scream all night.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • If it's not broke don't fix it! Honestly, if she's sleeping well she doesn't need to be burped. Breastfed babies are generally less gassy since there's less of a chance that air can get in than with a bottle, so she likely doesn't need it.
    imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I EBF and never burp LO
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I don't burp at night either. If DS has a rare burp stuck hell fuss when I lay him down. I'll pick him up then and burp him. But that has only happened about 5 times in 6 weeks. 

He's very relaxed for night feedings and simply doesn't need t

Derek - February 2013        Caelyn April 2011
    imageimage

• When I feed at night I leave him in his rock n play and just feed him in it so I don't fully wake him up by taking him out bc then it takes WAYYY longer for him to go back to sleep. So if I can just feed him that way and he's not fussy I don't burp him. I
    Pregnancy Ticker Owner & Creator of www.GreatestKidsGames.com
  • We always burp!
    ~Drew '13~Camden '12~Mihaila '10~Aaliyah '09~Noah '07~

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"