May 2013 Moms
Options

Too early for false labor?

Sorry if this is a silly question, but yesterday my BH were more frequent than usual (not painful though) and would cause me to be slightly short of breath for the duration. We had a busy day (lots of walking, bodypump class, housecleaning), so I didn't think much of it, but when I got into bed I couldn't get comfortable, and as I was wondering why I couldn't fall asleep I realized I was having pretty regular, uncomfortable BH. Just generally feeling crampy but in waves. I eventually was able to fall asleep and as of this morning I feel some light cramping but in no way timeable, and I feel much better. 

I was just wondering if this is a normal occurrence at 35-36 weeks, if anyone else has experienced this? Was it false labor or just a normal reaction to being exhausted? I thought about calling my midwife last night just in case (my mom had both me and my brother at 37 weeks, so it made me a bit nervous), but I chalked it up to just having a tiring day. She tends to be a "Most things are normal unless it doesn't feel normal/right" kind of person, so I didn't know if it warranted a call or text just to hear "yup, welcome to late third tri" :)

Thanks ladies!  

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Too early for false labor?

• Options
    I, too, have been having more frequent BH that are "kind of" timeable if that makes any sense. I hate the "it's normal unless this is happening, but if this is happening too, than it's totally normal." I just want a definitive answer! Does this warrant a
  • Options
    When I was at 30wks I had a day like that where my BH were very consistent and I started to get nervous but when I called the first question they asked was if I was hydrated. I honestly answered no because I was on the run and feeling extra productive it
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Sounds normal to me, too, but definitely not very fun. We just finished up trips to Spain and London and did a TON of walking, and I ended up feeling like this every night, but would be better by the morning. Try to keep hydrated, especially on really bus
    She is here! 5-29-13

• Options

Too early for false labor?

No, it's not really too early for true labor either.

At this point I am taking the "I'll know if it's happening" approach. If it's true labor I'm ready to have this baby. Heating pads, cold water, and changing po

imageimageimageimageimage
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    MmW36MmW36 member
    I would let my doctor/midwife know at the next scheduled appointment, but it sounds like normal third trimester symptoms. I was having really bad pains/contractions, and my doctor told me that that is going to happen on busy days, especially if baby is in
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

This weekend I had been cleaning a lot in preparation for visitors. On Saturday, I was at TJMaxx after a  night of vacuuming three floors of our apartment and I thought I was going into labor.

I had a throbbing, cramping pain that started in

MMC 02/16/12
    DS1 05/03/13
    Natural MC 10/01/14
    DD1 01/08/16
  • Options
    Thanks ladies! I figured I had just pushed myself too hard, I just wanted to see if I was normal haha. I'll ask my MW at my appt on Friday. I guess the reason I asked if it was too early for false labor is that I generally only hear people refer to it whe
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I would describe my PTL last time as cramping and coming in waves... Careful

BFP 5/21/10, Missed m/c 7/5/10 at 11w3d (baby measured 7wks), D&C 7/7/10

Aug/Sept 2010 - CD3&10 b/w & u/s, genetic testing, SA, HSG, & Lap/Hyst to remove septum

12/09/10 BFP -- 7/05/11 DS born at 33w5d. Came home after 23d in NICU at 37w0d

June 2012 - TTC #2! -- 10/05/12 BFP --  5/23/13 DS2 born at 37w1d! Yay full term!

Surprise BFP 6/25/14 LO#3 due Feb2015!

imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"