Parenting

WWYD?

So I have disliked my job for awhile but it was something I've always tolerated. Lately, it's been alot worse.

We have a new client and she's ok. We take care of developmentally disabled people but she is more on the mentally unstable side. This past week, she tried drowning herself, cutting herself, cutting staff members. She threw chairs, threw lamps, etc etc.

She pulled my coworker down to the ground and pulled out her hair. Yanked her around and said "this is how I kill people"

Granted, she usually bounces back and is completely fine within an hour. We are technically "trained" on this stuff but she's a little more extreme then what we usually have had and we don't really support these kind of clients anymore.

She always talks about other students bringing a gun to school to help her kill herself [pretty much all talk] but I'm almost worried someone will bring one, and she will bring it here and then I'm trapped. I'm terrified of getting so hurt that I'm in the hospital. I'm terrified of something happening to me and not being around the baby.

However, MH is working part time right now so he's not making nearly as much as me. I wanna just walk out because this job gives me SUCH bad anxiety. I have panic attacks at home because I'm terrified of coming to work and it makes me cry. However, the sensible side of me says I should find another job before I quit but I honestly don't know how much longer I can do this.

I have no idea what to do or how to go about it. WDPT?

Liam Dean | 09.11.12 | 6lbs 13oz

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: WWYD?

• Do you have any vacation time you could take? If so, I would use some of it to pound the pavement and look VERY hard for another job. Networking is probably going to get you farther than just sending out resumes and hoping, so the time off could afford yo
    DS1 November 2009
    DS2 August 2012
  • imageLaylaPartDeux:
    Do you have any vacation time you could take? If so, I would use some of it to pound the pavement and look VERY hard

• Loading the player...
  • imagembenit4:
    I would start looking for another job ASAP. This one is taking a toll on you mentally and emotionally even if not physical

• If it's truly causing you a great deal of anxiety, would you consider working anywhere willing to hire to get you out of the job? You could possibly work somewhere just to get by until you found something more desired.

imageimage
    Parenting Floozie Brigades official motto:  We welcome to you the board with open legs.  Also, open beers. ~@cinemagoddess

• imagemissyishere:
    If it's truly causing you a great deal of anxiety, would you consider working anywhere willing to hire to get you out

• imagefredalina:
    I would actually talk to your doctor. Panic attacks and high anxiety are NOT normal even in the circumstances you descri

• I can totally relate. I go into people's home to investigate abuse, neglect, and exploitation on the elderly and dev disabled. Some of these homes are nasty and horrible, as are some of the people. It's scary not knowing what I'm walking into, if they hav
  • imagefredalina:
    imageangeleighhh:</s

• imagepiglet6609:
    I can totally relate. I go into people's home to investigate abuse, neglect, and exploitation on the elderly and dev di

• imageangeleighhh:
    imagepiglet
  • imagepiglet6609:

imageangeleighhh

• thank you everyone for your suggestions, I really ppreciate it.

Piglet, we don't have HR. I forgot to quote you again. I hope yours will send you out in pairs. That's almost scarier then what I'm dealing with since it's so unknown.

• imageangeleighhh:
    imagepiglet660
  • imagefredalina:
    Did you take all 12 weeks? If not, you can take th rest. Also, FMLA is different from STD. Do you have STD coverage?</di

• imagembenit4:
    I would start looking for another job ASAP. This one is taking a toll on you mentally and emotionally even if not phy

"We like nothing better than buffing our Zygoma. And imagining a horny time traveling long overcoat purple scarf wearing super sleuth nordic legend fuck fantasy. Get to work on that, internet." Benedict Cumberbatch

GIFSoup 

<a href

• I am so sorry to hear that you are dealing with this. It sounds like a terrible situation. 

I also have a job where people throw furniture at me, threaten me, and pull all kinds of scary crap, but the only reason I feel OK staying where

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageFizzingWhibees:
    I am so sorry to hear that you are dealing with this. It sounds like a terrible situation.nbsp; I also have a job w

• I agree with everyone that you need to find something else asap, even if it isn'tin your field. Also, is your DH supporting you through all of this? Is there anyway he can get more hours or look for a different job as well in case you take a pay cut?

BabyFruit Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"