Babies: 3 - 6 Months

Recommend your baby carrier please!

DS is about 3 months old now and he's a big boy...around 14/15lbs now. I'd like to get a more structured carrier to wear him in for when we go walking with the dog...since it'd be much easier than trying to control the stroller and the dog on the leash. It would also be nice to have for other trips to avoid having to lug around the carseat and stroller all the time. I have the Baby K'tan which was great when he was smaller, but he's getting so big and it really does a number on my back now. Plus its a pain having to constantly adjust it all the time. Any recommendations? I've been looking into maybe the Ergo? Or Baby B'jorn? What's everyone using?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Recommend your baby carrier please!

• Boba 3G! It's fantastic!
  • I have the baby bjorn miracle. It has more back support than the original baby bjorn. DD is 15lb now and the carrier is very comfortable for the first hour. If I wear her longer, however, my shoulders get sore. By the 2 hour mark I have to take it off.
  • Loading the player...
  • I like the Ergo.  Have been using it on DS since he was around 3 months, and he was about that weight then.  He's now at least 17lb, and the Ergo is quite comfortable.
    TTC since 10/2008  RE consult 6/2010 Dx:Unexplaied IF

Failed multiple cycles of Clomid+TI and Clomid+IUI

3/2011 inj+IUI #1 BFP. 4/2011 missed m/c. 

Fall 2011 inj+IUI #2&3 BFN

Jan/Feb 2012 IVF#1 BFP 2/23  EDD 10/31/2012 ~~~ Halloween ~~~

Our IVF miracle, Baby Boy M, arrived on 11/8/2012!
  • imagepb_bride:
    I like the Ergo. nbsp;Have been using it on DS since he was around 3 months, and he was about that weight then. nbsp;He's
  • I love my Becco Butterfly. DD2 is 20 lbs and I can comfortably wear her for more than an hour when needed.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageMrsT0514:
    imagepb_bride:</stron
  • bgf1bgf1 member
    I love the ergo. I have found it grow beautifully with baby.  I used it when I was pregnant with DD to carry my 18 month old periodically.  I have been using it with my DD since she was a about 6 weeks old.  According to the caution tag sew
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I like my baby bjorn.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagekjsmith9:
    imageMrsT0514:</stron
  • The ergo is great. We have one and my husband uses it all the time. We just stopped using the insert and dd is almost 6 months and almost 15 pounds. As others have mentioned you can definitely use a towel instead if you need to lift LO up.
    <b
  • We definitely love our Ergo!  I'd recommend it. 

• You won't be sorry with an Ergo!

Anniversary g

BabyFruit Ticker
  • kb&mbkb&mb member
    We have the Beco Gemini and so far we love it.
  • imagekb&mb:
    We have the Beco Gemini and so far we love it.

This.  DH likes it as well.

my hero wears kevlar Pictures, Images and Photos

BabyFetus Ticker
  • imagess456:
    Boba 3G! It's fantastic!

We use the Boba, too.
  • We have a Chimparoo. Same idea as an Ergo but it has an adjustable inner harness so you can use it for newborns without an insert. I prefer wraps, but DH wanted a structured carrier. He tried the Ergo, Boba and Beco too. If there's a store near you whe

• i have the Britax Baby Carrier.  very comfy and easy to use.
  • another vote for the Ergo...we didnt even buy the insert, we just used a rolled up blanket for her to sit on to lift her higher

BFP #1 12/02/11, M/C 12/08/11
    BFP #2 04/06/12, DD born 12/20/12
    BFP #3 06/09/14, M/C 06/15/14

• Is there a try before you buy program in your area?  You may want to look into a program if it is available. Unfortunately carriers are not a one size fits all thing.  What works for someone else won't necessarily work for you. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"