May 2013 Moms

Baby coming early?

My due date is still 5 weeks away but at my appointment she said the baby has dropped and I am 1 cm dialated. Does this mean I could go early?

Re: Baby coming early?

• Could be, but many women walk around dropped and dilated for a long time.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • It could go either way. A lot of people walk around 1 cm for weeks. I dilated to 1 cm at 31 weeks thanks to preterm labor but I have been holding steady at 1.5 cm for a couple of weeks now. Some women walk around at 3 cm for weeks before going into labor.

DS1: 4/15/2011
    Dx: ASD, SPD and receptive and expressive speech delay at 21 months
    BFP #2: CP 5/2012
    DS2: 4/24/2013
    BFP #4: Miscarriage at 5 weeks 7/2014
    BFP #5: 8/8/2014 Due 4/20/2015 
    Its a healthy girl!!!!! 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I was at 3 for weeks and had Charlie 5 days past my EDD. It could mean something, but it's equally likely that it means nothing.
    Charlie 8.06.08
    Emeline 5.28.13

My Blog

Post-Baby PRs
    Esri 5K 7.16.2014 - 21:30
    Heart Half Marathon 3.16.2014 - 1:43:30
    Canton City Marathon 9.8.14 - 3:30:56
  • For some people it could but most people I know that have had that happened had walked around 1cm dilated and went past their due dates. Everyone is different though!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Means nothing more than that is 1 cm you don't have to dilate in active labor.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • i tend to dilate early. with DD, i was 3 for a few weeks and had her 1 week early.  with DS, i was 3cm forever and he was 2 weeks late :(
  • Doesn't mean too much unfortunately, which is why some women refuse cervical checks, not to get their hopes up. First time, I was 1cm dilated and 80percent effaced for over 5 weeks when my water finally broke at 39w4d. When I walked into the hospital I wa
  • imagenixieknox3:
    i tend to dilate early. with DD, i was 3 for a few weeks and had her 1 week early.  with DS, i was 3cm foreve
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"