March 2013 Moms

Getting induced because baby isn't dropping.

So, I am 40+1 right now. I feel like a dry thanksgiving turkey... I am overdone. My body is doing everything possible to start labor on its own. (Lost mucus plug, 3cm dilated now, 80% effaced, contractions here and there) YET, the only thing we are waiting on is the baby to drop, he is being stubborn, and they have told me he has a big head (like his dad probably). They have also said I have narrow hips, which is extremely odd because since I started getting pap-smears when I was 14 or 15 I have been told I have extra wide hips perfect for child-bearing. 

So they want to do a biophysical ultrasound April 4th and another non-stress test. They do not do anything until after 41 weeks anyways for first time mothers (hospital policy). But.. all they were talking about was c-section. I will try anything out before I have to resort to a c-section, unless emergency of course.

Even when he isn't dropped, can and should I still get induced? Has anyone here been induced with a baby not dropped?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Getting induced because baby isn't dropping.

• Some babies don't drop until labor has actually started. Don't let them scare you into a c/s based on "big head" and "narrow hips." That's ridiculous!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Acupuncture got my baby to turn OA and drop. I went into labor after three sessions. I've heard other similar stories. I was 42 weeks and baby wasn't going anywhere before acupuncture.

I had no opinion on acupuncture before but I was despe

• Loading the player...
  • I was just induced (4th baby though) and my son had not dropped at the time of induction.  I asked the nurse if this was a bad thing and she said "No, most babies have not dropped until after labor has started if it is your second or more baby."&nbsp
  • i was 40w2d when i went into the hospital for an elective induction. i was 1cm, 50% effaced, floating, and cervix high. i was also told i had a "narrow pelvis" at my 41 week appointment when no one mentioned anything before hand. was given cervidil and it
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • I cannot do acupuncture because all of my money is being spent at the moment building our house. So little luxuries like that are not in my reach.

I have read myself about the possibility of the cord prolapsing or an arm being first, etc. Which f

• I forgot to add that my first was sunny side up and her arm came out first.  Long labor but all turned out fine.
  • imagetmsgrl:
    I forgot to add that my first was sunny side up and her arm came out first.  Long labor but all turned out fine.<

• Have you had a growth scan yet? I has mine one day shy of 41 weeks and she was projected to be 10lbs 10oz. My midwife is very pro natural childbirth and she felt my hips and birth canal could handle a large baby, but when those numbers came in, she enco
  • imageClandestineX:

imagetmsgr
  •  @KellyAnne:

I will have my growth scan on Wednesday.. The thing that is scaring me is that my husband may have been right all along. He had always joked that if I had kids they would be huge because he was huge and sunny side up (13lbs 14oz

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"