Multiples

Pregnant with multiples naturally?

I am just wondering if ther are any mothers here who had fraternal or identical twins naturally (without IVF) and who don't have a family history of multiples?

I am wondering because I am currently pregnant with my third child. I received an ultrasound last week (7 weeks pregnant) and it looked like I saw two little ones in there, but the tech said it was the yolk sac. I have heard recent stories about multiples not being caught in such an early ultrasound. But I don't have any multiples in my family (neither does my fiance).

Thanks for reading!

Re: Pregnant with multiples naturally?

• I'm pregnant with identical twins.  We did IVF, but that process has nothing to do with identical twins since they come from the same egg.  My husband has twins in his family, but not 1st or even 2nd degree relatives.

It is possible tha

Natural m/c Oct. 2005

Dx: balanced translocation and LPD

TTC since Oct 2011

BPF 02/19/12, EDD 10/31/12, natural m/c 02/28/12 (4w6d)

IVF (BCPs starting 10/30/12, ER 11/18/12, 5dt of 1 beautiful, healthy embryo 11/23/12)
    BFP 12/02/12, u/s @ 6w,5d showed 2 HBs! Identical twins!!
    Bed rest from 21w-35w due to short cervix, hospital bed rest from 23w-32w due to PTL
    Our rainbows were born 07/19/13 (36w, 5d)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageCNYBride05:

I'm pregnant with identical twins.  We did IVF, but that process has nothing to do with identical twins since

• Loading the player...
  • I am pg with identical twins which do not run in the family. It is rare for a second baby to be missed on u/s, but it is possible. I had my first u/s at 7 weeks and we only saw one. I asked the tech to make sure because I just had a feeling. She looked

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • imagestaceymack:

I am pg with identical twins which do not run in the family. It is rare for a second baby to be missed on u/s, but

• imageMrsLee04:

I agree with the PP, the u/s tech is well trained for this so she is probably right that it was just the yolk sac.&n

• imageFierceSymone:

I can totally relate. I just have a feeling that it's two in there. Hopefully we will be able to definitely

Natural m/c Oct. 2005

TTC since Oct 2011

IVF (BCPs starting 10/30/12, ER 11/18/12, 5dt of 1 beautiful, healthy embryo 11/23/12)
    Bed rest from 21w-35w due to short cervix, hospital bed rest from 23w-32w due to PTL

• Hello,

I am having mono/mono identical twin girls coming at 32 weeks in May.

My twins came naturally for sure, they were spotted at our 8 week u/s and they were closelt together but you clearly could see the two heartbeats. We were really

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Definitely can happen...We are expecting fraternal twins and they were conceived naturally. Neither DH or I have a history of any type of twin in our families.
    We had our first u/s at 8 weeks and they were able to see both sacs and heartbeats, shoc
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imageCNYBride05:
    imageFierceSymo
  • I don't know if this means anything in relation to a multiple pregnancy, but I'd like to add that I was pretty sure my LMP was Feb. 8th, which gives me a EDD of Nov. 8th. However, the ultrasound put me a week further along. Also, my stomach (now @ 8 we

• imageMs.Dbohannon:

Hello,

I am having mono/mono identical twin girls coming at 32 weeks in May.

My twins came naturall

• imageSwetaV:
    Definitely can happen...We are expecting fraternal twins and they were conceived naturally. Neither DH or I have a his
  • imageFierceSymone:

imageSweta
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • HCG doesnt tell you if youre having twins either. I can see why you got flamed for posting something like that while being so ignorant.

It's also obvious youre one of those Hoping for twins, not hoping it Isnt twins.

Which is annoyi

Proud Mommy to: Boy-1995/Boy-1998/Girl-2003/Boy-2004/Girl-2011/ Fraternal twin girls-2013  

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • imageFierceSymone:
    imageMrsLee04
    Unexplained Infertility

After two Clomid cycles, three injectable IUI cycles, two IVFs, two miscarriages, and one lap surgery, IVF #2 has brought us our little boy!

TTC #2
    After months of being postponed or cancelled, FET #1.3 (Natural FET) brought us twin girls!

Surprise! Baby #4 is due in March!
  • imageFierceSymone:

I don't know if this means anything in relation to a multiple pregnancy, but I'd like to add that I was pretty s

Unexplained Infertility

After two Clomid cycles, three injectable IUI cycles, two IVFs, two miscarriages, and one lap surgery, IVF #2 has brought us our little boy!

TTC #2
    After months of being postponed or cancelled, FET #1.3 (Natural FET) brought us twin girls!

Surprise! Baby #4 is due in March!
  • ^TRUE!

You arent feeling an embryo move at 8 weeks..... It doesnt matter if youre having quads+

You also dont have a pregnancy bump at 8 weeks..... even if it were twins. 

You arent further along either, bc the u/s a

Proud Mommy to: Boy-1995/Boy-1998/Girl-2003/Boy-2004/Girl-2011/ Fraternal twin girls-2013  

• I have di/di identical twins without any fertility treatments. None in my family (although ID is supposedly not genetic) Ironically DH has 3 sets of non-fertility ID twins- so I am waiting for science to explain that one!!!
  • imageFierceSymone:

Yes, I'm seen every month. I have another appointment next month, so I'd like to bring it up, but I am reall

Natural m/c Oct. 2005

TTC since Oct 2011

• I am a twin but my mother had fertility treatment and it doesn't have any affect on why I'm having identical twins. apparently identical is not a result of genetics nor fertility and just happens!
  • Also I had a scan at 6 weeks and thy only picked up one baby but 12 week scan showed two!!
  • Currently pregnant with our firsts, found out there were 2 at 6w2d U/S, saw 2 fetal poles and yolk sacks, baby B was really deep so it was difficult to get them in a picture together but they were both easily seen.  Conceived naturally, identical twi
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I conceived triplets without fertility drugs, and while on BCP. I lost baby C very early.  There was a yoke sac that started to develop, but then stopped, so my triplets became twins. 

There is no history of multiples in my fa

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• imageSwetaV:
    Definitely can happen...We are expecting fraternal twins and they were conceived naturally. Neither DH or I have a history
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • My twins were spontaneous and twins run in my family but mine were IDs so family history had nothing to do with that. Like PPs said, the only way to know is by u/s. Sure it's possible that something got missed but you're just gonna have to wait until the
  • Eat your food people. You are pregnant, not made of glass. ~PrimRoseMama
    The Benes Boys were born 9/3/13! woooo
    imageimage
  • imageCinnamon Haze:

^TRUE!

You arent feeling an embryo move at 8 weeks..... It doesnt matter if youre having qua

Eat your food people. You are pregnant, not made of glass. ~PrimRoseMama
    The Benes Boys were born 9/3/13! woooo
    imageimage
  • I read the other post. Seriously??

Why is it that if someone knows more than you and therefore can give you an educated answer, which often differs from your ignorant one, you go BSC? 

Just fkn accept it. 

Do you really wan

• I do have family history and mine were spontaneous but it was still a big surprise!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm 18wks pregnant with twins without using IVF and there is no history of multiples. And the first U/S at 6wks 3days missed the second baby. We had another U/S at 7wks 5days and we found both babies. So yes all those things can happen. GL on a healthy pr
  • Identical twins are spontaneous and have nothing to do with family history or IVF.

The father's family history has absolutely nothing to do with having twins.  Only the woman can have genetic history that would cause her to ovulate more

Layla 01.08.12

Chloe and Vivian 07.23.13

My Gang.  Halloween 2013

• imageDragonfly1226:
    imageFierceS
  • imageCinnamon Haze:

HCG doesnt tell you if youre having twins either. I can see why you got flamed for posting something like that

• imageDragonfly1226:
    imageFierceS
  • imageCinnamon Haze:

^TRUE!

You arent feeling an embryo move at 8 weeks..... It doesnt matter if youre having quads+

You

• imageCNYBride05:
    imageFierceSymo
  • imageCinnamon Haze:

I read the other post. Seriously??

Why is it that if someone knows more than you and therefore can give y

• We clearly saw 2 babies and 2 heartbeats at 6wks exactly. The yolk sac is a smaller empty sac that you can see in early ultrasounds. It goes away when the placenta takes over at 10 weeks.

Wedding Fall 2007 Off OCP's since 9/08-started with BBT charts Saw Ob/gyn May 2009 Blood work normal except single copy of MTHFR Clomid 50mg May 2009 Clomid 50mg + IUI June 2009 Femara 5mg + IUI July 2009 Normal HSG July 2009 Femara 5mg + ovidrel+IUI August 2009 Femara 5mg +ovidrel + IUI September 2009 November 2009-normal lap December 2009-met with RE December/January-Injectible med cycle with IUI-Abnormal sperm morpology found-only 0-1% normal All Head defects. Jan/Feb 2010 1st IVF with ICSI-5 week chemical pregnancy :( Feb 2010-male infertility doc says DH's anatomy and blood work are normal so nothing he can do. :( FET July 2010-BFP! Twin m/c @ 5.5 wks :( Dec/Jan 2011 IVF #2 Only 4 eggs retrieved-Ganirelix dose messed up BFFN Feb/March 2011 IVF #3 ER 3/9 9 eggs, 7 fertilized, ET 3/14, No frosties. BFN IVF #4 ER 8/22 9R,7F ET 8/25-3 embies, 1 frostie! Beta 9/2= 54, 9/6=274, 9/8=625, 9/12=2953, 9/16 greater than 10,000. B/G TWINS born April 2012 @ 36wks & 1 day! July 2014-going back for the frozen embryo! ET 7/28, heartbeat seen at 6wks1day with SCH. Miscarriage confirmed at 6wks4days

• I'm 11 weeks with twins! No fertility treatments, no family history. They are chalking it up to my age, 38.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"