August 2013 Moms

Work related

I was offered a new job yesterday hooray! And have decided to accept it. It's going to be better hours ::currently work 1 to 11pm:: and also solve our daycare situation while allowing me to be close to LO all day. BUT. I'm dreading talking to my current boss. She had no idea I was looking, and I know it's going to be a bit of a scramble for her to fill my spot. So...help me come up with a script or offer some words of encouragement? This was my first "big girl" job out of college, and while I'm good at it and find it very rewarding most days, it's just not going to work with having a young family. I won't see her until Wednesday to start, and I know I'm going to be obsessing over the next 3 days. Gah! This decision was supposed to relieve some stress, not cause more!
Ezra James 08/22/2013  <3
Nora Grace Due 12/26/2016  <3

Two Angel Babies 
07/03/2012
08/08/2015

"If you're still my small babe
or you're all the way grown,
my promise to you
is you're never alone.
You are my angel, my darling,
my star...and my love will find you,
wherever you are."

Re: Work related

• I wouldn't worry about it too much. I would just let her know you would like to turn in your 2 week notice and if she asks why I would let her know that you have accepted a job that has better hours for daycare or something to that effect. If she is mad o
    imageimageimageimage

• Congrats on the new job!

I think you just need to be upfront and honest. I just went through a similar situation and loved my boss and coworkers, but the decision was best for my career growth and my family. You can't feel bad about putting y
  • Loading the player...
  • You should let her know you're putting in your two week notice. But, you'd like to thank her for the opportunity she's given you over the time you've been there. Thank her for everything you've learned and your accomplishments in the company.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I understand, when I took a new job last summer I was in fits of stress over telling my old bosses who I knew liked and respected me very much. They were surprised, sad, and understanding. So, hard the day of, but ok in the end. I still regularly keep
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I would tell her basically what you said, that you greatly appreciate the opportunities you were provided at this job, you learned a lot and enjoyed working for her, but you had to do what was best for your family.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFetus Ticker
  • imageskittles230:
    I would tell her basically what you said, that you greatly appreciate the opportunities you were provided at this job,
  • Thanks all. I'm excited for a new start, but always nervous about change!
    Ezra James 08/22/2013  <3
    Nora Grace Due 12/26/2016  <3

Two Angel Babies 
    07/03/2012
    08/08/2015

"If you're still my small babe
    or you're all the way grown,
    my promise to you
    is you're never alone.
    You are my angel, my darling,
    my star...and my love will find you,
    wherever you are."
  • Congrats! I just accepted a new position as well! As far as your old manager two weeks notice. Maybe while out to lunch? She will understand, unless you are making 7.6 million a year, those hours aren't ideal for a family life and everyone needs to advanc
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Maternity tickers
    BFP #1: 12/22/10. EDD: 9/4/11. BDay: 8/30/11
    BFP #2: 10/16/12. EDD: 6/27/13. Said Goodbye: 10/22/12
    BFP #3: 11/20/12. EDD: 8/1/13. STICK BABY STICK!
    Betas: 11/30/12 - 2819. 12/2/12 - 7339! Keep growing, baby!

VOTE on my Name List
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"