Babies: 0 - 3 Months

? From second tri: Which carseat do you have?

Hi Ladies,

Just popping in from second tri to see which carseat you have and what you think of it.

This is our third baby and we used the Graco Snugride with my first two boys but it expired last year and we are getting a new one. I liked the Snugride but found it very heavy after a month or so.

We are leaning towards the Chicco Keyfit as I've known a lot of women who are vey happy with theirs. We are still open to others though!!

We live in Canada, so it needs to be very easy to snap in and out of the car/stroller as the winters get very cold here and it's not ideal to have to take baby out of the seat. I'd also like it to be as light as possible and I need it to fit on the Bumbleride Indie stroller which I don't think is a problem as it has a universal adapter.

Thanks for any advice or suggestions!

Re: ? From second tri: Which carseat do you have?

• I had a Snugride with DD and with this baby we went with the Maxi Cosi Mico. It's more compact and nicer than the other seats. I don't dig the fabric on most car seats. It's all plasticy and gross. This one has real fabric and is very stylish and plush, p
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I love our Chicco Keyfit... I would definitely purchase another!
  • Loading the player...
  • We have the keyfit and are very happy with it so far.
  • We have the Chicco Keyfit and love it! I'd definitely recommend it!
    Me: PCOS   DH: No issues

August '16-January '17: Clomid + HCG + IUI/TI = BFN
    February/March '17: Menopur + HCG + IUI = BFN
    April '17: Menopur + HCG + TI (due to too many mature follicles) = BFN
    May '17: Took off due to cysts
    June' 17: Menopur + HCG + IUI = Cancelled due to 8+ mature follicles
    November '17: Clomid + HCG + IUI= BFN
    December '17: Menopur + HCG + TI= BFP!!!! Due August 2018

• We got the Graco Snugride because it was the cheapest one, basically. All car seats have to meet the same standards and she won't be in an infant seat for that long, so that was our rationale for not getting a more expensive one. It's been fine so far.
    PCOS with long, irregular cycles
    First round of Clomid in May 2012= BFP #1, DD born January 2013 
    BFP #2 in January 2014, DS born September 2014

View Full Size Image     View Full Size Image   

• Britax Chaperone

I love it but it is huge so you need a big car (I have a Nissan Quest and it barely fits) and it is heavy. But its super comfy for her and has great safety reviews. It was also very easy to install. I have the travel system so it

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I have the Britax B Safe and the B Agile travel system. The carrier is a bit heavy, but I don't know how it compares to other carriers. I love how easy it snaps into place in both the car seat base and the stroller.  

Started TTC 2/2009
    Started fertility treatments 11/2010
    Ovarian dysfunction, LPD, male factor
    6 failed medicated IUI's
    Pregnant 5/2011 - Miscarriage at 6 weeks due to triploidy
    Decided to adopt - 6/2012
    SURPRISE! Pregnant without intervention - 7/2012 
    Sweet Baby James Born 3/2013
    Decided to be "One and Done"

....OR NOT.
    Pregnant 12/2018 despite birth control pills
    Here we go again...
    Due 8/26/19!
  • britax agile love it!!
  • Thanks for all the suggestions, ladies!

We have a Dodge Minivan, so space isn't an issue but is really like something that's as light as possible.

I'll continue to look into it but I really appreciate all of your opinions!
  • My Chicco Key Fit is on its 3rd girl now and we like it. We have a mini van so space isn't a big deal for us either. We like being able to tote DD around while she's small in the carrier.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    September 2015 Siggy Challenge - Happy Dance
  • If you thought the Snug Ride was heavy I wouldn't go with a Keyfit as those weigh even more. We have the SR 30 and love it. I wouldn't do the 35 but the SR 22 or 30 are my suggestions. (The SR35 weighs more than the keyfit 30 but the SR 22 and 30 weigh le

""No one else will ever know the strength of my love for you. After all, you're the only one who knows what my heart sounds like from the inside."
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    "On the night you were born, the moon smiled with such wonder that the stars peeked in to see you and the night wind whispered "Life will never be the same." Because there had never been anyone like you... ever in the world." ~ Nancy Tillman Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Chicco Keyfit and love it!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We had a snugride with my older two and they both hated it (screamed nonstop in it). We got a chicco keyfit this time and DS sleeps happily in it. While it could just be different personalities (he's a much calmer baby than either of his sisters) I think
    imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We have the graco snugride 30 knowing that both of our families have big babies, we wanted something that would last more than a few months. The one we got came with a stroller that it clips into veer easily, the dynamo lite lx.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"