March 2013 Moms

Vent/meltdown

I've been crying for the past two days. LO is pushing me to the brink of insanity it feels like. I love her so much but girl has decided not to sleep at night. She naps fine during the day. She's up just about every 2 hours at night to nurse, but when I put her back down afterward she grunts and fusses, by the time you calm her it's almost time for her to eat again and that leaves me with ab an hour of sleep between feeding if I'm lucky.

The sleep deprivation has made me so emotional. My poor DH is at a loss for how to console us both at this point. I keep telling myself that this too shall pass. She is 3 weeks old today so she is still very little but right now I'm searching for that light at the end of the tunnel

Re: Vent/meltdown

• I could have writteN this myself. Seems like the 2 to 3 week mark starts a growth spurt. I am FF'ing, so I do get about 3 hour sleep stretches, but it's still not enough. I have caved and am sharing my bed with my son. I am in survival mode at this point.
    Started TTC 2/2009
    Started fertility treatments 11/2010
    Ovarian dysfunction, LPD, male factor
    6 failed medicated IUI's
    Pregnant 5/2011 - Miscarriage at 6 weeks due to triploidy
    Decided to adopt - 6/2012
    SURPRISE! Pregnant without intervention - 7/2012 
    Sweet Baby James Born 3/2013
    Decided to be "One and Done"

....OR NOT.
    Pregnant 12/2018 despite birth control pills
    Here we go again...
    Due 8/26/19!
  • Totally understand. It's true what they say about making sure you sleep when baby sleeps. However it's still hard at 3 am to find the energy needed to be up feeding. My LO decided she wanted to stay on my breast for 3 hours straight. Of course my breast w
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I wrote a post so similar to this just last night on the 0 to 3 board.  I totally feel your frustration.  I am trying to just tell myself that part of my feelings are sleep deprivation, part of them are wacky hormones, and that every day is g

• typing with one hand as the other is holding the LO on the boob...

I'm on the same boat..so exhausted and questioning everything..frustrated..hungry..in pain (boob pain)...she only sleeps if held i can 't even use the bathroom without a screaming

• It feels good to know I'm not alone. My family and good friends live far so this board keeps me company at 3am and confirms to me that I am in fact not going crazy. No matter how crazy I feel. Thanks ladies, we can do it!
  • Mine was likev this too. She doesn't like to be put down to sleep after feeding. I've found if she falls asleep during a feeding and I continue to rock her for about 20 minutes when she's in a deeper sleep I can successfully transfer her to the crib. If I
  • I just want to offer my support also. I know that frustrating feeling of putting your LO down after a night feeding, only to have him/her start fussing almost immediately again. It is so hard to have patience when every fiber in your body wants to fall as
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"