Pregnant after a Loss
Options

Avoiding the doctor, too scared

I didn't know how else to title this. When I got pregnant with my loss I went to the OBGYN right away. With DS they made me wait until week six but when I called the day after my BFP that time they told me to come in so I did. Of course the line was super faint so they ordered betas. For the next 3 weeks I lived in stress. Twice a week having them tested because at first they were too low and then too high. I was so scared and worried that I lived in fear since the doctor kept asking me if I'm sure i'm not bleeding. By the time we got to my 2nd ultrasound I just knew something was wrong and I was right. Then I went through 10 months of testing and surgeries to figure out that my dc caused my cervix to scar over.

SO. I'm afraid to call my RE. I just got my BFP a couple days ago. Am I crazy for wanting to wait another week or two before calling? I don't want betas, I want to go in, have an ultrasound and see a heartbeat.
Logan Alexander born May 9th 2011. He has stolen my heart forever. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BFP #2 05/24/12 EDD 01/31/13 D&C 06/26/12 Missing you. Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Diagnosed with Ashermans 11/06/12 Surgery 01/18/13, Cleared for TTC 03/01/13 BFP 03/26/13 IT'S A BOY! Please Be Our Rainbow! BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Avoiding the doctor, too scared

• Options
    I also waited about a week after my bfp to call my dr I have never had betas but 2 out of the 3 times that I had been pregnant before I miscarried very shortly after my first visit. This time I called and asked to be seen as far out as I could for my fir
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerx
  • Options
    Nothing says that you can't wait for your first appointment. If you think that betas will make you stress, you don't have to have them. Do what works for you.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

imageimage
    BFP #1 - 01/12/12, EDD 09/12/12, Medical Induction @ 21 weeks 05/03/12
    BFP #2 - 10/30/12, EDD 07/04/13, Natural m/c @ 5 weeks 11/01/12
    BFP #3 - 02/07/13, EDD 10/12/13
    Dx: Incompotent Cervix

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Sweetie I am sorry you are so stressed, however you could have a perfectly healthy pregnancy in there and if you don't go to the RE you may miss the fact that you need progesterone supps or something else. You need to do justice to this pregnancy just

6 m/c
    Anovulatory cycles, increased Synthroid Diagnosed Sep 2010
    Natural cycle Dec 2010 BFP M/C 6 1/2 Weeks, D&E Jan 2011
    1 Clomid/Ovidrel BFN May 2011
    Natural cycle Aug 2011 BFP M/C 4 Weeks
    1 IUI Sept 2011 BFP M/c 7 weeks
    Provera Dec 2011 BFP M/C 3 Weeks
    DQ ALPHA HLA MATCH, High NK Cells Diagnosed Dec 2011
    IVF March 2012 BFP m/c 4weeks 5 days (IL, Prednisone)
    IVF#2w/DS July 2012 MEGA FAILURE BFN (IL, Dexamethasone)
    Diagnosed No real HLA Match, DQ Beta Triad, High TNF, Low NK Cells
    Oct 2012 Natural Cycle m/c 4wks (Lovenox, Prednisone) 
    Went to Beer Center- high tnf, low lad, implantation failure
    Nov/Dec 2012 LIT Treatment
    Dec 12 Humira
    Jan 2013 BFP
    Humira,LIT,Prednisone, Lovenox, IVIG, Baby Aspirin
    Miracle Born August 2013 Premature

Yours doesn't have to be a sad story

Lilypie - (ugiy)

• Options

I know you're scared but it really is in your best interests to alert your RE to the bfp now. Talk to the RE and let him or her know of your apprehension about betas and see what they suggest.

And this might or might not be helpful - but there a

Six years of infertility and loss, four IUIs, one IVF and one very awesome little boy born via med-free birth 10.24.13.
  • Options
    No, I don't think you're crazy. I got my BFP just before Thanksgiving and I decided the last thing I wanted to do over the holiday was to worry and stress over it. I was already on the protocol medically that I needed to be since we had decided it would s
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    This! I agree completely!!

imageluvboston:
    Sweetie I am sorry you are so stressed, however you could have a perfectly healt
    BabyFruit Ticker BFP #7 2/4/13- EDD 10/20/13
  • Options
    I do not have a known progesterone problem. I'm seeing an RE because I had to have surgery to repair my cervical stenosis. I like the suggestion of taking it one day or one hour at a time. Today I am pregnant and I love my baby. Thank you ladies, it's nic
    Logan Alexander born May 9th 2011. He has stolen my heart forever. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BFP #2 05/24/12 EDD 01/31/13 D&C 06/26/12 Missing you. Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Diagnosed with Ashermans 11/06/12 Surgery 01/18/13, Cleared for TTC 03/01/13 BFP 03/26/13 IT'S A BOY! Please Be Our Rainbow! BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    My girlfriend waited a month before calling. It was around the time of when her daughter was born (she had a diagnosis and didn't live long) so she waited.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
    Photobucket
  • Options

I'm going to go against the grain and say that you're perfectly ok waiting a week or two to go in.  Even if progesterone levels are low, there is no evidence that taking a course of progesterone will make a difference; it's an outdated practice, a

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"