Babies: 9 - 12 Months

Convertible Car Seats

My LO had her 9 month check up today and she has almost outgrown her car seat due to he height (78%).  I checked out convertible car seats today and there are just so many that its a little overwhelming. Does anyone have any recommendations?  I see they go from like $50 to $300 ...what's the difference?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Convertible Car Seats

• Quality....if you plan on using them for your next child you want to get good seats not cheap ones that will fall apart.  We got the Maxi Cosi Pria 70 and while it's pricey it was well worth it!  DS use to sweat so bad in his bucket seat and now
  • We got the Britax Boulevard.  DD is much more comfortable in it than her infant seat.  She use to scream non-stop in the car.  We chose this seat partially because it has much more padding than the other seats we looked at.  All of

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Married 1/2/99.
    TTC since 4/09.
    Diagnosed PCOS. Diagnosed Hypothryoid 11/09.
    SHG & SA normal. PCOS Research study started 5/10.
    Clomid/Femara cycle #1 - 6/10 = BFN
    Clomid/Femara cycle #2 - 7/10 = BFP #1 - Missed miscarriage 9/2/10
    11/12 - BFP #2 - 11/22 - m/c
    5/1/11 - BFP #3 - Pre-eclampsia, IUGR & bed rest from 32w. DD born via induction 1/4/12.
  • Loading the player...
  • We got the maxi cosi pria as well and love it! Its so cooshy and comfy for LO, plus super safe.
  • How long do you plan to RF?  How much room do you have in the back?
  • imageanonsouthernbell:
    How long do you plan to RF?  How much room do you have in the back?

• We got a britax pavilion for my car and a proride for dh's car.  Dd is so comfy in the britax and she always sleeps in the car. It keeps her head in a neutral position too; I hate when their little heads fall forward. I can't comment on the prorid

• If your baby is tall or if you want to ERF (really safest way to travel esp until age 4) then I wouldn't get a britax as they tend to be outgrown in height.  The MyRide 65 is a non-expensive seat (w/coupons you can get it for a little over $100) and
  • imagelaurenhankey:

imageanons
    S- March 09 E- Feb 12 L- May 15

• imageelainelbuck:

We got the Britax Boulevard.  DD is much more comfortable in it than her infant seat.  She use to sc

BabyFetus Ticker
  • We also wanted to RF as long as possible. We choose the Diono radian r100. It's super tall and very skinny in case you need/or eventually need more than one car seat installed the car. When ds falls asleep his head just goes right to the side and doesn

BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"