December 2013 Moms

Constipation

I am 4 weeks 5 days barely pregnant and having lots of constipation resulting in tummy cramps and just feeling uncomfortable. Does anyone know what causes this and what are some safe remedies??

Thank you!

Re: Constipation

• Not sure what causes it, but some women I know swear by a cup of coffee in the morning. Coffee doesn't have this effect on everyone though :/ There is a tea called Smooth Move that helps move your bowels. It's also safe to take a stool softener. I'd defin
    ALLI & ERIK - 12.12.10
    Stella - 7.7.11 | Ian - 8.6.14 | Isaac- 7.20.18
    #4 due 4.22.23

• Possibly the iron in your pnv's? I don't have that problem, but with my last pregnancy I had an iron deficiency so I had to take iron supplements and they constipated me. Drink lots of water and fiber rich foods, you might even want to try a laxative such
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Try eating a couple fiber one bars lol or maybe get some of that fiber stuff you mix with juice or whatever. I bet that would help
       EDD for #2 is December 8th, 2013, so excited for our 2nd team green baby! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Colase was my dear friend during both pregnancies
  • You can also try adding a fiber supplement like fiber gummies to your daily regiment. The m
  • I am 4 weeks and 4 days with my first and very constipated. I have read that pregnancy slows your digestion so that your body can get more nutrients out of food for the baby.  It can also be caused or aggravated by iron in vitamins.  There is a
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"