Babies: 9 - 12 Months

Smash cake

I'm getting a smash cake for lo's bday. It is mostly for photos since hes not really into sweet food. we have quite a bit planned on his actual bday. When are you doing your smash cake photo shoot on the actual bday or a different day?

Re: Smash cake

• We're doing smash cake pics on DSs actual birthday which is during the week, and then his party is the following Saturday.  I figured it would be easier to do the photos without a lot of people there, and I think I want to do them in our dining room
  • imagealiebno:
    We're doing smash cake pics on DSs actual birthday which is during the week, and then his party is the following Satu
  • Loading the player...
  • imageblushingbride_08:

imagea
  • I'm actually doing DS's cake smash session at the beginning of May and using the photos for birthday party invites.
  • i'm a photographer so i kind of half to go b*lls to the wall on this one... going to set up my white backdrop with the clouds/sun i ordered from etsy hanging in front of it...  i'm making her a giant cupcake with simillar colors (yellow and grays)

• MsLsMsLs member
    I'm glad you asked this we are still 3 mos out but I was wondering if it would be too much to do a smash cake at the actual party.
  • Thanks everyone. I think I will do his cake smash before his birthday.
  • imageblushingbride_08:
    Thanks everyone. I think I will do his cake smash before his birthday.

That's

• We did DD's cake at the end of her party, but our party was family only.  We did it in her high chair, no floor covering was needed.  She ate a little bit of the cake/frosting but mostly squished it and mashed it into her hair (and ears, up her
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Married 1/2/99.
    TTC since 4/09.
    Diagnosed PCOS. Diagnosed Hypothryoid 11/09.
    SHG & SA normal. PCOS Research study started 5/10.
    Clomid/Femara cycle #1 - 6/10 = BFN
    Clomid/Femara cycle #2 - 7/10 = BFP #1 - Missed miscarriage 9/2/10
    11/12 - BFP #2 - 11/22 - m/c
    5/1/11 - BFP #3 - Pre-eclampsia, IUGR & bed rest from 32w. DD born via induction 1/4/12.
  • We will have two smash cakes.  One for his 1st birthday photo shoot about a week before his birthday and then one at his party.

Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersimageimageimage
  • We did dd's cake smash at the beginning of March. Her invitations have her picture on them, so I knew I would need a week or two for the disc to get to me then me to make the invites and to mail them out.

Started back on BC May, 2010; Had last shot on Aug. 2010
    TTC starting in November, 2010; Irregular cycles- went to Dr
    U/S showed cysts on both ovaries; Diag. Lap on March 1st, 2011
    Lap showed that my right fal. tube is centered, instead of to the right
    Left fal. tube is disjointed
    uterus is tilted and the size of a softball, not a pear.
    BFP on 8-30-11, 9-2-11, and 9-4-11.
    EDD is May 14, 2012. :)
    Babygirl born on April 16, 2012.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • We did a smash cake for her birthday party which was the Saturday before her actual birthday.  We took pictures.  I also made cupcakes for her actual birthday.  We took pictures for both.  We didn't do professional smash cake photos.<b
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageMsLs:
    I'm glad you asked this we are still 3 mos out but I was wondering if it would be too much to do a smash cake at the act
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We're doing it on her birthday.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"