Multiples

Size comments

People keep telling me I couldn't possibly be carrying twins b/c I'm so small.  It pisses me off, but I deal.  But I just had brunch with a friend who is pregnant, but 4+weeks behind me and she's larger than I am.  And I've been reading here about people measuring 10+w ahead!  My girls look totally healthy on u/s and are measuring 4-5 days behind their gestational age, which I've been assured is totally fine.  I know every woman, every pregnancy is different, but did anyone else stay on the small side?  I feel like I'm doing something wrong :-(  Sorry for the mopey post and TIA for feedback.
Natural m/c Oct. 2005

Dx: balanced translocation and LPD

TTC since Oct 2011

BPF 02/19/12, EDD 10/31/12, natural m/c 02/28/12 (4w6d)

IVF (BCPs starting 10/30/12, ER 11/18/12, 5dt of 1 beautiful, healthy embryo 11/23/12)
BFP 12/02/12, u/s @ 6w,5d showed 2 HBs! Identical twins!!
Bed rest from 21w-35w due to short cervix, hospital bed rest from 23w-32w due to PTL
Our rainbows were born 07/19/13 (36w, 5d)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Size comments

• From what I understand, everyone carries the babies differently. I wouldn't worry unless your doctor is concerned. I started showing really early without gaining much weight. It was just the way my body decided to grow. I'm sure you are just fine. 
  • I get that all the time however we have been told that our babies are doing great and are a good size. I try and remind myself this when I hear comments.
  • Loading the player...
  • I only ever measured 23 weeks ahead and did look smaller than some women due at the same time with singletons. It all depends on how you carry. Also, most people envision women pregnant with twins as veritable whales and can't wrap their minds around wome
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I am measuring 6-7 weeks ahead but at 24 can still button my pre pregnancy jeans but I am carrying really high so none of shirts fit anymore. I am smaller measuring at 33 weeks then my cousin was at full term with her single. It really is all about where
  • I stayed pretty small throughout the whole pregnancy and the boys' weights were great. Every mommy carries differently.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I always heard comments about how small I was. I'm very tall with a long torso, so I looked small. My boys were small but totally healthy.
    Saving money while raising more kids than you bargained for! Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I get the same thing. I am 16 weeks along and I look like I did when I was 20w with my son but people keep saying "oh you're tiny!" Yea, thanks! Your belly will come soon enough. Try not to worry.
  • To offer insight to people talking to you when you're pregnant:

you will never hear "oh wow, you totally look like you're the right size"

instead people either tell you you're too big, or too small...

Ignore what people s

Eat your food people. You are pregnant, not made of glass. ~PrimRoseMama
    The Benes Boys were born 9/3/13! woooo
    imageimage
  • Thanks ladies!  I'm planning to ask my MW specifically when I see her on Friday.
    Natural m/c Oct. 2005

Dx: balanced translocation and LPD

TTC since Oct 2011

BPF 02/19/12, EDD 10/31/12, natural m/c 02/28/12 (4w6d)

IVF (BCPs starting 10/30/12, ER 11/18/12, 5dt of 1 beautiful, healthy embryo 11/23/12)
    BFP 12/02/12, u/s @ 6w,5d showed 2 HBs! Identical twins!!
    Bed rest from 21w-35w due to short cervix, hospital bed rest from 23w-32w due to PTL
    Our rainbows were born 07/19/13 (36w, 5d)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I got that all the time even in the final week. I delivered at 38w4d and my babies were big and healthy at 6 lbs 13 oz and 6 lbs 4 oz. Everyone carries differently and really take it as a compliment if you can!
  • Yes and I was fine. I delivered my twins at 35w6 days and gained 20 lbs-total. Now I had some major gallbladder issues and basically couldn't eat much at all after 32 weeks but I had no room in there anyways. Babies were  totally healthy weights a

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"